+233

Just like how now we are appalled at the racism back in the day, in the future people will be appalled at the homophobia there was, amirite?

6 23

Similarly, people will look back and laugh at how much hatred towards atheists there is

Bahahaha your on crack! There is almost no comparison between mistreatment of say black people and miss treatment of gay people. Yes a gay person being bullied untill they commit suicide is terrible but pitifully stupid compared to being slaughtered, enslaved, and generally held as inferior for hundreds of years

@Bahahaha your on crack! There is almost no comparison between mistreatment of say black people and miss treatment...

The point is people will look back at both thinking "WTF were they thinking" not that gay people are treated like black people used to be treated. The way they're treated wasn't the comparison, at all.

@Frank_n_Furter The point is people will look back at both thinking "WTF were they thinking" not that gay people are treated like...

No. For black racism they will think 'WTF were they thinking' For homosexual descrimination they will be like 'huh, there was a point in time where homosexuals were treated unfairly by some of the population... And supported by 90% of the world.' Homophobes get verbally abused more than homosexuals, for good reason, but the point stands

@No. For black racism they will think 'WTF were they thinking' For homosexual descrimination they will be like 'huh...

What do homophobes have to do with any of this, especially if they get abused for good reason? And no, I'm pretty sure people will be thinking "WTF" in the future just like a lot of people do today.

@Frank_n_Furter What do homophobes have to do with any of this, especially if they get abused for good reason? And no, I'm pretty...

My point is homosexual discrimination will not even be in the same league as black racism. People will be appalled with black racism for centuries, it will always be discussed. Homosexual discrimination is more like a blip in human ignorance that will recede much faster and soon be virtually non existent. It's in the same way as saying Black racism and male spouse-abuse. Are they both Important? Of course. But compared to one the other is virtually irrelevant

@My point is homosexual discrimination will not even be in the same league as black racism. People will be appalled...

The post doesn't even say black racism, just racism. Your point is irrelevant because the post isn't talking about slavery. Also I don't think you used irrelevant correctly.

@Frank_n_Furter The post doesn't even say black racism, just racism. Your point is irrelevant because the post isn't talking about...

Don't worry, irrelevant was in fact used correctly. Virtually was used instead of almost in case you were wondering. My point is comparing black discrimination to homosexual discrimination is a stupid by product of homosexuality being the big thing of our generation. In 100 years black racism will still be an incredibly important subject of history, homosexual discrimination will be all but forgotten.

@Don't worry, irrelevant was in fact used correctly. Virtually was used instead of almost in case you were...

IT IS NOT TALKING ABOUT BLACK DISCRIMINATION ONLY. Not all racism is against black people. I'll say it again in case you still don't get it, black people are not the only ones who dealt with racism. And again in case you still don't get it, the post isn't talking about slavery or what happened to black people, it's talking about racism. Irrelevant: not relating or pertinent to the matter at hand; not important. "But compared to one the other is virtually not important"?

"But compared to one the other is virtually not relating or pertinent to the matter at hand"? Also: All but forgotten means it will be greatly remembered. And are you forgetting homosexuals have been slaughtered in mass ammounts at once and treated horribly too, just like people of other races, NOT JUST BLACK PEOPLE, have been?

@Frank_n_Furter "But compared to one the other is virtually not relating or pertinent to the matter at hand"? Also: All but...

You need to step back and take a few breaths sport. I chose black racism because it's the most predominant in society, not because I think no others exist. Exactly? Compared to one the other Is virtually irrelevant, or big boy talk for not important. It's still important, but not compared to the other part. I don't know if you're proving my point on purpose. Not pertaining to the matter at hand means not important at this point in time, which can be shortened to irrelevant; I dont want to have to explain this again. No actually 'All but forgotten' means it will be so close to forgotten that it will be everything else that is close to forgotten. You're mixing it up. Everyones been treated terrible at some point for some reason. Homosexuals got it worse than some, but real discrimination like racism blew it out of the water. The fact that you are trying to fight my argument by attacking the semantics of my comment tells me you know you're losing.

@You need to step back and take a few breaths sport. I chose black racism because it's the most predominant in...

Actually, it's not... Maybe in white countries, but the majority of countries aren't white. Irrelevant isn't used to say one thing isn't comparable to the other, that's incorrect. When the post is talking about racism and homophobes, they both pertain to the matter at hand. And when something is all but forgotten, it means it will be everything but forgotten. As in remembered. I can't tell if you're trolling or just an idiot.

@Frank_n_Furter How do you count "losing"? Usually it goes off a point system, and if any of us are "losing" it would be you. Btw:...

Bahaha oh God that's fricken funny. I didn't realize just how much I was getting to you. By the way 'predominant' not prodominent'. All that does is prove to me this website has an even lower IQ than I thought. I said I didn't want to do this again, alright, I am NOT using irrelevant to compare 2 things, the comparison is already done. "Compared to Micheal Jordans basket ball career my 4 year old neighbors basket ball career is virtually irrelevant. This is a true correct sentence, which is also an opinion. Now insert Black racism instead of 'Micheal Jordans basket ball career' and homosexual discrimination instead of 'my 4 year old neighbors basket ball career, it is still correct, and you are still sounding 'specual' over the Internet. In spider man 1 the green goblin says "Spider man is all but invincible, but Peter Parker we can destroy." He is saying that spider man is extremely close to being invincible, he Is strong, incredibly tough, very difficult to kill, but not QUITE invincible. I am using it in the same way 'Homosexual discrimination will be all but forgotten' means it will have almost disappeared, be near non existent, and pretty much no one will remember. Understand?

@Bahaha oh God that's fricken funny. I didn't realize just how much I was getting to you. By the way 'predominant'...

I quit reading after "Bahaha oh God that's fricken funny. I didn't realize just how much I was getting to you." because people who start off statements like that are people that have been "gotten to". You're the only one bring anything of a personal nature like laughter and being gotten to into this.

@Frank_n_Furter I quit reading after "Bahaha oh God that's fricken funny. I didn't realize just how much I was getting to you."...

For those of you lame enough to still be reading, this Is how you win an argument. Colebowl LITERALLY has nothing to say to refute my arguments. Therefore they were forced to attack my semantics before the argument. Trust me, it feels good

This made me think of you http://amirite.net/716115

You compared a basket ball career to your 4 year old nephew as an example of how you didn't use irrelevant as a comparison.

He didn't say they were the same in magnitude. Just the concept is just as appalling.

Nacklefoodles avatar Nacklefoodle Yeah You Are +6Reply
@Nacklefoodle He didn't say they were the same in magnitude. Just the concept is just as appalling.

No actually, by definition the concept is not as appalling, one is severely less appalling than the other

Because homosexuals weren't slaughtered, enslaved, and held as inferiors? What?
Are you forgetting Don't Ask Don't Tell? Or the number of gays in the Holocaust? Or the punishment for sodomy in the middle ages being death? The bombing of Admiral Duncan Pub? The death of Matthew Shepard? The lesbians and gays who were forced to get a sex change in, I believe, Africa? That three year old boy who was murdered by his father because he thought he would grow up to be gay? The Shia Death Squads in Iraq? The case of Nizah Morris? The rape of lesbians used as an attempt to 'cure' them? The Roanoke shooting?

I know Blacks were treated horribly in the past, but you can't claim they're the only minority that has been "slaughtered, enslaved, and generally held as inferior[s]".

@Because homosexuals weren't slaughtered, enslaved, and held as inferiors? What? Are you forgetting Don't Ask Don't...

That's so weird. Its almost like I didn't claim blacks were the only minority that has been held as inferior...