+487

those songs or phrases you learned when you were little that helped you remember something in school, still help you today, amirite?

elizabeth216s avatar
4 35
The voters have decided that elizabeth216 is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

A, B, C, D... that song comes in handy a lot.

Never eat soggy waffles.

@Coleman Never eat soggy waffles.

this is used everyday in earth science.

musicals avatar musical Yeah You Are 0Reply

Please Excuse My Dear Aunt Sally

ManateeMadnesss avatar ManateeMadness Yeah You Are +15Reply

Mississippi.

George Washington was the first you see, he once copped down a cherry tree. President number 2 would be John Adams. And then number 3; Tom Jefferson stayed up to write the Declaration late at night, so he and his wife had a great big fight, and she made him sleep on the couch all night. James Madison never had a son and he fought the war of 1812. James Monroe's colossal nose was bigger than Pinocchio's...........and that's just the first 5 out of 42 the song covers.

oboeflutes avatar oboeflute Yeah You Are +10Reply

I only remember the list of planets in order from the Drake & Josh episode where they sing that song.

HahaFAILs avatar HahaFAIL Yeah You Are +9Reply

I would never have remembered the six goals of the Constitution if it wasn't for Schoolhouse Rock. Now whenever I read the preamble I automatically start singing xD But who doesn't?

Ariodantes avatar Ariodante Yeah You Are +8Reply

I've remembered the quadratic equation for five years because the teacher taught it to us by singing it to Pop Goes the Weasel.

@RandalionAveragePants I've remembered the quadratic equation for five years because the teacher taught it to us by singing it to Pop Goes...

The negative boy couldn't decide whether or not to go to the radical party so he decided to be square and missed out on 4 awesome chicks and it was all over by 2 in the morning.

@FantineLovett418 I use Row Row Row Your Boat! How does the Pop! Goes the Weasel one work?

It goes, "X is equal to negative b, plus or minus the square root, of b squared minus 4ac, all over 2a." I had to sing that sooo much in my trig class last year because no one knew it.

@RandalionAveragePants It goes, "X is equal to negative b, plus or minus the square root, of b squared minus 4ac, all over 2a." I had to...

Ahhh got it! I had to teach Row Row Row Your Boat to everyone in this year's algebra class because they were all freaking out. But it works! The only part that confuses people is that Mine starts out "negative, negative, negative B..." so they were all yelling at me "THREE NEGATIVES?!!NUUU!"

@FantineLovett418 Ahhh got it! I had to teach Row Row Row Your Boat to everyone in this year's algebra class because they were all...

Ahhhaha, that could work out though, because two of the negatives would cancel out, leaving it negative! XD

King Philip came over for good soup - Kingdom, Phylum, Class, Order, Family, Genus, Species

@ACDCfan King Philip came over for good soup - Kingdom, Phylum, Class, Order, Family, Genus, Species

I learned it as kinky people come over for good sex... much more memorable...

@I learned it as kinky people come over for good sex... much more memorable...

thats how my teacher taught it to us, she decided we were dirt minded enough that, that was the only way we would remember it.

My fourth grade teacher had a dance for long division and we had to do it while chanting "Divide! Multiply! Subtract! Bring down!"

SlamIslands avatar SlamIsland Yeah You Are +5Reply

My Very Educated Mother Just Served Us Nine Pizzas for the planets

@My Very Educated Mother Just Served Us Nine Pizzas for the planets

Too bad "Pizzas" is no longer a planet...DAMN SCIENTISTS! Ruining our memorization cues with their discoveries!

StacytheHarlots avatar StacytheHarlot Yeah You Are +3Reply

"i" before "e" except after "c"

An Adverb is a word that modifies a verb, or sometime another adverb. Cuz' they're very, very necessary!

Merediths avatar Meredith Yeah You Are +1Reply

Well, for me it's middle school. My geography teacher played this song to us so we could learn the capitals of all the latin american countries. Anyone who ever had the teacher knows it, to the poit where I was telling someone about it and started to sing it, and when another person walked in they started singing it.

Brazilia Brazil! Brazilia Brazil!

B is for bananas! B-A-N-A-N-A-S! Lol, I used to get carried away and end up with banananas.

My Writing teacher last year taught me the helping verb song. It goes like: am, are, be, been, being, can, could, did, do does, had, has, have, is, may, might, must, shall, should, was, were, will, would. We sung it in the same tone as Mary had a little lamb and this song still helps me.

We have a bunch of songs for multiplication.

Canadian_Ninjas avatar Canadian_Ninja Yeah You Are 0Reply

B-e-c-a-u-s-e, u-s-e, u-s-e because because because!

CyanideBears avatar CyanideBear Yeah You Are 0Reply

Donkey Kong Punches Cars Over Five Giant Skyscrapers!

SOH CAH TOA!

most people have pets dogs, cats, and alligators for the parts of a lab report

Readzs avatar Readz Yeah You Are 0Reply

The prepositions song!
with on for after at by in against instead of near between through over up according to around among beyond into down within without upon from above across along towards before behind below beneath beside during underrrrr!
(to the tune of Yankee Doodle)

Some Old Hippy Caught Another Hippy Tipping On Acid