-20

Jesus does love everybody. He wants everybody to be with him in heaven, but the simple fact is that sin is sin. And if you aren't a Christian, or ask him to forgive you for your sin, you won't get to heaven. Simple as that, amirite?

danieljc2008s avatar Relationships
1 47

stop shoving your dic....i mean religion down people's throats

@stop shoving your dic....i mean religion down people's throats

if I was shoving, I would say that all homosexuals are going to hell.

danieljc2008s avatar danieljc2008 Yeah You Are 0Reply

Nothing about religion is every "as simple as that".

@fEMMAnist Nothing about religion is every "as simple as that".

have you experienced "religion"? For yourself?

danieljc2008s avatar danieljc2008 Yeah You Are -3Reply
@danieljc2008 have you experienced "religion"? For yourself?

yes i have and even if you are protestant christian it still isn't simple

@fEMMAnist Yes. Why?

because it really is kinda simple. once you actually desire to know God, you get past any complications that you think were there.

@danieljc2008 because it really is kinda simple. once you actually desire to know God, you get past any complications that you...

God is just one of those things you can't wrap your mind around. Where did God come from? Why is he here? There are no simple answers.

@fEMMAnist God is just one of those things you can't wrap your mind around. Where did God come from? Why is he here? There are...

that's true. God is so infinite and omnipotent and its weird to try to wrap our human minds around that. I still sometimes try to, and I can't. We're human. But when presented with something we can understand, that we can wrap our minds around, we need to think about those things.

Isn't the point of asking for his forgiveness the POINT? You sin, you realize you sinned, you ask for forgiveness, you don't do it again, you go to heaven for reforming and redeeming yourself. Or did I miss something?

@Isn't the point of asking for his forgiveness the POINT? You sin, you realize you sinned, you ask for forgiveness...

well yeah, you're right, but you still have to make the conscious decision to let jesus into your life.

Jesus summed up his teachings into two main commandments: Love God and love your neighbour. If you do those two things, he'll accept you.

Seems odd to me that of two of his main points, people manage to completely ignore the second part in favour of persecution and hate.

@twisted_memories Jesus summed up his teachings into two main commandments: Love God and love your neighbour. If you do those two...

who said persecution and hate? The bible clearly states that if you believe in your hear theat jesus is lord and believe that god raised him from the dead, you'll be saved.

danieljc2008s avatar danieljc2008 Yeah You Are +1Reply
@twisted_memories I'm saying people pick out sins and attack people for them, instead of loving.

some Christians pick out the sins that other people don't see as sin, such as homosexuality, lesbianism, abortion, sex before marriage, et cetera.

@danieljc2008 some Christians pick out the sins that other people don't see as sin, such as homosexuality, lesbianism, abortion...

Some people claiming to be Christians*

I don't think anyone who fights or abuses someone because they believe they are sinning are actually Christians, as Christianity preaches the opposite of that. It's one thing to inform someone, but another thing entirely to hurt someone or infringe their rights.

@twisted_memories Some people claiming to be Christians* I don't think anyone who fights or abuses someone because they believe...

I'm not gonna say that I don't think they're christians... I am going to say that they need to read up on the bible, to understand that hating people because of their sin ges no one anywhere. I used to be like that, screaming (over the internet) that gay people are going to hell, all that jazz. I don't do that anymore.
I try to speak the fact that jesus loveseverybody so much that he gave his life so that we could get to heaven. Its deeper than that, though. I may explain more later.

@danieljc2008 I'm not gonna say that I don't think they're christians... I am going to say that they need to read up on the...

I think that just because someone calls themselves something (or claims to be of a particular belief), but then shows no sign of that actually being true (i.e., not actually practising the accepted beliefs), then they are obviously not whatever they claim to be.

Children, children... let's calm down... We've had this debate 10000000000 times now so let's all debate in vietnamese!

So Christians can sin all they want and they'll still go to heaven?

@So Christians can sin all they want and they'll still go to heaven?

no. You do realize that nobody, including christians, are perfect, right? The difference between christians and non christians is that we know that we have a way to heaven. And we accepted that way. Yeah, sin happens. We are all human. But if a christian feels like being a christian gives him/her the right to sin more, they need to re-evaluate their walk.

@danieljc2008 no. You do realize that nobody, including christians, are perfect, right? The difference between christians and non...

You do realize that there are thousands of other religions. It's not only Christians who "know they have a way to heaven."

@twisted_memories You do realize that there are thousands of other religions. It's not only Christians who "know they have a way to...

I do realize that there are thousands of other religions. I also realize that jesus christ was the only religious leader who, after dying, not only came back to life, also didn't die again. He ascended into heaven, because his job was done. Our job as christians is to spread the word to the world.

@danieljc2008 I do realize that there are thousands of other religions. I also realize that jesus christ was the only religious...

You don't actually know that. There is no legitimate proof that Jesus ever actually rose from the dead. Anyway, that point is moot because it doesn't prove that Christianity is the "way to heaven."

@twisted_memories You don't actually know that. There is no legitimate proof that Jesus ever actually rose from the dead. Anyway...

Hundreds of people saw him in the 40 days that he was on earth after he was resurrected.

@danieljc2008 Hundreds of people saw him in the 40 days that he was on earth after he was resurrected.

Yeah, but nobody can prove that he was actually dead when he went into the cave.

@twisted_memories Yeah, but nobody can prove that he was actually dead when he went into the cave.

He was nailed to a cross for 6 hours. Whipped brutally in a way that other people died because of the trauma and blood loss. Stabbed in the side after he died, the blood simply fell out. He was dead. and in the tomb for 3 days without those spices and stuff to preserve his body. He died.

@danieljc2008 He was nailed to a cross for 6 hours. Whipped brutally in a way that other people died because of the trauma and...

Uh huh... They also had to bury people with bells linked to their graves because so many people were mistakenly declared dead. You can NOT prove that he was dead, nor can you prove that he rose from the dead.

How many people have seen Elvis since he died? It actually happens quite often that when a famous or well known person dies, people SWEAR to have seen them. Anyway, that's just one more explanation. It may not be true, but what you're saying may not be true as well.

@twisted_memories Uh huh... They also had to bury people with bells linked to their graves because so many people were mistakenly...

Those people were in comas. He died. and lives again. Besides, the stone that was in front of the grave was huge. Jesus couldn't have moved that by himself if he was just a guy. And there were a couple of soldiers there to guard the tomb. Had to be divine intervention.

And NOBODY, i don't care how stubborn you are, would be willing to die for a hoax that they know is a hoax. They would not be willing to die by lions and gladiators and hanging and skinning and stoning and crucifixion.

@danieljc2008 Those people were in comas. He died. and lives again. Besides, the stone that was in front of the grave was huge...

Allegedly too large for him to get around.

Anyway, say what you want, you still can NOT prove anything. He could have been simply unconscious because of blood loss. They wanted him dead and assumed he was. Also, Jesus had enough followers that the soldiers wouldn't have been a problem. Anyway, all moot points because you really can't prove anything.

@twisted_memories Allegedly too large for him to get around. Anyway, say what you want, you still can NOT prove anything. He could...

In the same way, you can't prove that he didn't die, or 'if' he did, you can't prove that he stayed dead.
And 3 days, dude. 3 days.

@danieljc2008 In the same way, you can't prove that he didn't die, or 'if' he did, you can't prove that he stayed dead. And 3...

I never said you could. My point is you can't prove it either way. Also, this is pointless as whether he was zombie Jesus or not, that's still not proof in any way that Christianity is the way to God (or the only way).

Also, people have lived longer while on the edge of death.

@twisted_memories I never said you could. My point is you can't prove it either way. Also, this is pointless as whether he was zombie...

Sorry, dudette.

And honestly, if I knew of the circumstances surrounding his death and resurrection, if I saw the curtain in the temple torn in two from the top to the bottom and felt the earthquake and saw those who died faithful to God, come back to life and prophesy, I would definitely consider following Him. If not only for that, but because of the REASON he came to earth. I know it sounds weird, but.that's the way it happened.

@twisted_memories Uh huh... I'm confused now.

Oh. Sorry. Back to the original...
God loved us so much that he sent Jesus to earth, to take on our sins, so that we could be with God. That's the jist of it.

@danieljc2008 Oh. Sorry. Back to the original... God loved us so much that he sent Jesus to earth, to take on our sins, so that...

Right. But even if that's true, that doesn't mean that Christianity is the only or "right" way to heaven.

@twisted_memories You don't know that.

I do know that. I mean, seriously. If all of that stuff happened when Jesus died, and it did, i would think- no. I would know that there's some sort of divine intervention going on with Him.
All done in love, by the way.

And then, after all that, he conquered death and came out. Like a boss.

@1148783

i didn't say that they have to go to hell. I'm done with that. It doesn't get anyone anywhere.
What I am saying is that it's your choice, once given the option, whether to leave all that behind and get on the right track (God's), or to ignore it and take a chance on eternity.

danieljc2008s avatar danieljc2008 Yeah You Are -2Reply
Anonymous