+182

We all wish that Hitler's dad hadn't relied on the pull-out method, amirite?

nuffsaids avatar Politics
1 12
The voters have decided that nuffsaid is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I made a post along the same lines a while back, but taking the opposite point of view.
http://amirite.net/483867
While Hitler was a complete dick, his not having been alive and active would endanger the existence of millions of people today. WWII made such an impact on almost everyone's life, and if it hadn't happened, the lives of your ancestors probably would have been different, and you wouldn't ever come into existence. Yes, his not being born would have saved the lives of people in the past, and while it was horrible, there's nothing we can do about that, except remember it.
And yes, I do understand this is a humorous post, I'm just sharing an opinion.

@fuustoleit I made a post along the same lines a while back, but taking the opposite point of...

I sort of agree with you. In a different way though. If none of those people had died, what would our world population be like today? If none of these incidents where thousands or millions of people died happened, then we would be living in an overcrowded world. I agree that the events of the Holocaust were tragic, and no one deserves that, but it put us where we are today.

@DrRockso The world is not a few million people away from being overcrowded.

Those 16 million people that died as a result of the holocaust/WWII would have had children, and by now those children would have had children, and perhaps even THOSE children had children. And every generation grows exponentially.
So, yes, if they had never died, we would be facing a lot more problems today, especially in Europe.

@Stepharoo Those 16 million people that died as a result of the holocaust/WWII would have had children, and by now those...

I disagree. Not every generation grows exponentially, especially nowadays, and especially in Europe. Many European countries have small or even negative population growth rates because people don't produce children like they used to. And is there any research that backs up these "problems" that we'd be dealing with now? Because I look at an article like this and it seems like the world as a whole isn't close to being overcrowded: http://www.simplyshrug.com/inde...;amp;Itemid=50

Yes, there would probably be more people in Europe, but, frankly, I can't imagine any extreme food shortages or other crises gripping any of those countries.

I think there would have just been some other evil, highly persuasive leader come along and start a different genocide. But that's just me.

StickCavemans avatar StickCaveman Yeah You Are +2Reply

I read somewhere (don't know if its true or not) but it said that Hitler's mother wanted an abortion but her doctor talked her out of it.

Then Germany would have been fucked.