+122

Human beings are not the result of either social construction or biological determination, but both of them together. Society isn't build on nature verses nurture, but instead on the two ideas complimenting each other - both biology and society making the individual. Amirite?

Simons avatar
7 11
The voters have decided that Simon is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Society isn't built*

FUCKFUCKFUCK SIMON Y U NO CHECK FOR TYPOS?!?

Simons avatar Simon Yeah You Are +2Reply

Aptly put. I've thought about posting something similar and, in all likelihood, would've worded it a bit differently and gone metaholistic ad-nauseam liek it's 2099... but it would've been at the expense of being understood and, consequently, YYA'd.

+1 for Reductionism, I guess.

rococos avatar rococo Yeah You Are 0Reply
@rococo Aptly put. I've thought about posting something similar and, in all likelihood, would've worded it a bit...

You know what's odd?
I was reading your bio when I got the notification.
Currently Googling half the words on your About Me.

Simons avatar Simon Yeah You Are 0Reply
@rococo What's odd about that?

Maybe not that odd, considering I got onto your bio by clicking you from the "Who Agreed" of this post.

Just I read a lot of user's bios, and while reading yours, the red notification appeared, telling me that you commented on one of my posts.

Simons avatar Simon Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Simon Maybe not that odd, considering I got onto your bio by clicking you from the "Who Agreed" of this post. Just I...

k, 'pologies if my laundry list of interests is overly technical and convoluted.

@rococo k, 'pologies if my laundry list of interests is overly technical and convoluted.

Nah, it's cool, just it was little over-whelming at first - I'm not too good at Latin roots of words, so I couldn't even guess what half of them meant.

Simons avatar Simon Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Simon Nah, it's cool, just it was little over-whelming at first - I'm not too good at Latin roots of words, so I couldn't...

Yea, you are not the only one. I can hardly remember the technical terms for most of my interests.How did you get the amazing power to choose your own birth-date in a Millennial timespan? And does it come with the Sylph at the front of the demonstration booth? -_-

@rococo Yea, you are not the only one. I can hardly remember the technical terms for most of my interests.How did you get...

But I didn't get to choose - that's the problem. The century I was born into was a circumstance that was thrust upon me and beyond my control.

However, being trans-generational, I managed to pinpoint the approximate alternative times I should have emerged.

Simons avatar Simon Yeah You Are 0Reply

Bee-Tee-Dubs, The Cocteau Twins are awesome.
They were a little too "light" for me when I was going through my goth music phase (which fortunately didn't turn into a goth fashion phase) but nowadays I really like them.

Simons avatar Simon Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Simon Bee-Tee-Dubs, The Cocteau Twins are awesome. They were a little too "light" for me when I was going through my goth...

I like the sylphic siren for her ability to express herself in glossolalia -a common gift for trans-generationals. It appears that, after many years of being under the influence, she decided that she was born about a dozen centuries too soon and dipped at least part of herself into the mainstream. But she was more empathic during the years when she was stricken with divine madness, imo.
gone meta, bbl