+735

The Ugly Duckling teaches children that no one will like them unless they're pretty, amirite?

DeAnnasaurusRexs avatar Books
11 25
The voters have decided that DeAnnasaurusRex is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Disagree. It teaches people that inside of everyone, no matter how "ugly" on the outside, is something beautiful.

The moral to "The toirtose and the hare" isn't slow and steady wins the race, it "don't be a cocky bastard"

Kluklayus avatar Kluklayu Yeah You Are +6Reply

Not if you look deeper. It's about not having to feel bad because one group won't accept your appearance, and knowing that somewhere out there, somebody else thinks your beautiful. Everybody belongs somewhere.

Fattys avatar Fatty No Way +3Reply
Fattys avatar Fatty No Way +1Reply
@Fatty He didn't turn into a swan. he already was one.

Is a baby duck a duck? No, it's a duckling. Is a baby kangaroo a kangaroo? No it's a joey

Kluklayus avatar Kluklayu Yeah You Are +1Reply
@Kluklayu Is a baby duck a duck? No, it's a duckling. Is a baby kangaroo a kangaroo? No it's a joey

Did you even read the story? The story was about an animal who thought he was a really ugly duckling, because he THOUGHT he was supposed to look like the other ducklings, when in the end, he was ACTUALLY a swan. If they story had been called the the ugly cygnet, it would have given the whole ending away and the whole story would have been pointless. Do me a favor, and use your brain before you comment next time.

Fattys avatar Fatty No Way 0Reply
@Fatty Did you even read the story? The story was about an animal who thought he was a really ugly duckling, because he...

Dude, CALM DOWN. it's a post about a fucking childrens book, it's not gonna be the end of the world if I'm being an asshole about it. And no I didn't read the book, I thought it sounded stupid when I was little

Kluklayus avatar Kluklayu Yeah You Are -2Reply
@Kluklayu Dude, CALM DOWN. it's a post about a fucking childrens book, it's not gonna be the end of the world if I'm being an...

Nobody said it would be the end of the world. That still doesn't make being an asshole any less then what it is. Being an asshole. It'd be nice if you didn't pretend to know about things you haven't even read.

Fattys avatar Fatty No Way -1Reply
@Fatty You were being an asshole before that too.

You definitely started taking it seriously before I started being an asshole, and either way you're really pissed and Im having a ball

Kluklayus avatar Kluklayu Yeah You Are -1Reply

It teaches children that if they're ugly, they'll eventually grow out of their ugliness and all of the people who taunted then when they were younger will be sooo jealous.

What was the moral supposed to be, anyway? I missed that part.

PinkSponges avatar PinkSponge Yeah You Are 0Reply
@PinkSponge What was the moral supposed to be, anyway? I missed that part.

If you are ugly and awkward you'll out grow it and be beautiful and graceful. Think the differance between middle school and high school.

penguins_flys avatar penguins_fly Yeah You Are +1Reply

You know, it's seems like a lot of people are hating on children's books lately. Can't we just let the kids enjoy their stories and leave it at that?

Lesson. Well. Taught.

Which is, unfortunately, true.

Big_Bosss avatar Big_Boss Yeah You Are -1Reply