+343

We Didn't Start the Fire is a great US History review song, amirite?

Music
10 38

Ryan started the fire!

@1192091

aka Fired Guy and Hired Guy haha

its great but it doesn't really teach you anything besides naming a bunch of events

I did a project on this song and it taught me more than I ever learned in school lol. I had to research every lyric.

Paper_Clips avatar Paper_Clip Yeah You Are +5Reply

Last year my history teacher showed us a video with this song in it and a bunch of pictures of the events in it... it was awesome.

torilovesconans avatar torilovesconan Yeah You Are +5Reply
LittleReds avatar LittleRed Yeah You Are +3Reply

The song The Presidents by Jonathan Coulton is quite helpful too. I'm using it as my alarm song until the APUSH exam.

@nantsingonyama Ahhh! It's too soon :(

Well we're still learning about the Civil Rights movement so it's gonna be pretty tight....although I'm not too worried personally, it's not too tough to get a 5.

@CapedCrusader Well we're still learning about the Civil Rights movement so it's gonna be pretty tight....although I'm not too...

Yeah, I figure it won't be too hard but there is just so much to cover without a whole lot of time. We're somewhere in Nixon right now, but the other APUSH teacher at my school just finished the New Deal yesterday...

@nantsingonyama Yeah, I figure it won't be too hard but there is just so much to cover without a whole lot of time. We're...

Holy crap! That's WWII, the Baby Boom, Vietnam, the return to Conservatism and modern history in a week and a half!

You might have already seen this, but this breaks down the scores so you're not going in so blind: http://apcentral.collegeboard.c...-worksheet.pdf

@CapedCrusader Holy crap! That's WWII, the Baby Boom, Vietnam, the return to Conservatism and modern history in a week and a half!...

Yeah, they are completely screwed. and I did actually see it that before. we have mandatory after school practice and thats what we do in most of them.

We discovered this one --> http://sites.google.com/site/mr...istory/dbq-s-1 the other day which helped with the DBQ's, which is apparently one of the harder parts.

@nantsingonyama Yeah, they are completely screwed. and I did actually see it that before. we have mandatory after school practice...

The DBQ is different, although I took European History last year and it's harder for that class so I'm not too worried.

Except nobody knows more than 1% of the words to the song

Courage_Wolfs avatar Courage_Wolf Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Courage_Wolf Except nobody knows more than 1% of the words to the song

I know every lyric and i'm proud of it! lol. Although it took a while to get it right.

Paper_Clips avatar Paper_Clip Yeah You Are +11Reply

ll and cola wars, I can't take it anymore!

I bet a lot of that is misspelled or wrong but that's what I know oh and I forgot to do the first verse.

528491s avatar 528491 Yeah You Are +2Reply
@528491 ll and cola wars, I can't take it...

@1192134 (528491): I think the one you aren't sure about is "Bondo." And you really should know this: You made my day. Thanks. (:

GrammarGirl94s avatar GrammarGirl94 Yeah You Are 0Reply
@GrammarGirl94 @1192134 (528491): I think the one you aren't sure about is "Bondo." And you really should know this: You made my...

Oh thanks I was pretty puzzled about that one so I just guessed.
And really? that's so nice :) I love making people's day

528491s avatar 528491 Yeah You Are 0Reply

Einstein James Dean Brookyn's got a winning team, Davie Crockett Peter Pan, Elvis Presley Disneyland, Bargo(?) Budapest, Alabama Kruschev, princes Grace payton place,Trouble in the Suez!
Buddy Holly Ben hur, space monkey mafia, hula hoops castro, edsel is a no go, u2, sigmund ree, paola and kennedy, chubby checker psycho, belgians in the congo! Hemingway ikeman, stranger in a strange land, dillon, berlin, bay of pigs invasion, lawrence of arabia, british beatle manis, ole miss, john glenn, listern beats patterson, pope paul, malcom X, british politician sex, JFK blown away what else do I have to say!?
Birth control, ho chi mihn, richard nixon back again, moonshot, woodstock, watergate, punk rock, began regan, palastine, terror on the airline, Ayatollahs in Iran, Russians in Afghanistan, wheel of fortune, sally ride, heavy metal, suicide, foreign debts, homeless vets, aids crack burnie getts, hypodermics on the shore, China's under martial law, rock and ro

528491s avatar 528491 Yeah You Are +1Reply

It would be if it taught you the meaning behind the lyrics, but all it does is list things without any detail.
Good song though.

@528491 True, it's a good review then or if you studied the topics it lists

It'd probably be as helpful as the Animaniacs country song then. Which is helpeful, just in a different way. It doesn't teach you anything or help you remember what anything is about, just reminds you those thigns exist.

Reminded me of two and a half men

freddos avatar freddo Yeah You Are 0Reply

In my history class junior year we did use it for history lessons lol. We would take ten minutes at the beginning of each class and tell us the meaning behind one of the topics/lines, whatever you want to call them.

way back in highschool my teacher made us memorize the song and list off the significance behind each person/event... It was a ton of fun :)

On the first day of World History, our teacher played this for us. Started a trend for the rest of the year, there was at least one song per unit. My personal favorite was "Rapustin". "Ra-Ra-Rapustin, lover of the Russian queen! There was a cat that really was gone! Ra-Ra-Rapustin, Russia's greatest love machine. It was a shame how he carried on!"

isomorphics avatar isomorphic Yeah You Are 0Reply

My teacher played that in class one year!

GracieBoBacies avatar GracieBoBacie Yeah You Are 0Reply

my history teacher made us write our own with stuff that happened from when we were born to present day. it was so cool

I grew up with that song and I still love it.

Wolfgangs avatar Wolfgang Yeah You Are 0Reply

do you have mr. o'neil?? because we watched that in history today

freeweezys avatar freeweezy Yeah You Are -3Reply

Tia started the fire.

Anonymous