+301

People need to stop complaining about living in the United States, and wanting to move out. All countries have problems. We have them too, but we also have free education, minimum wage, and a democratic system. If you don't like our problems, stop bitching about it on the internet, and go do something about them, amirite?

Politics
6 60

Bush wasn't the one who sent the country into a recession. It was the people in the country themselves. It was a lot of mistakes on everyone's part, and some of those mistakes didn't exclusively belong to America. Bush made mistakes, yeah. So did Obama by throwing money at the situation and hoping it'd be fixed. But it isn't near as bad as the Great Depression, and I have hope we'll pull through.

Wikits avatar Wikit Yeah You Are +8Reply
@Wikit Bush wasn't the one who sent the country into a recession. It was the people in the country themselves. It was a...

We're you also referring to the stimulus, because that was exactly as you described, throwing money. It had no chance of ever working because all it does is redistribute money. It does this by taking, or borrowing, money and giving it to someone else. This does not create new wealth, all it does is redistribute wealth from the private sector to the private sector. Even if money is borrowed that money had to come from somewhere (banks or foreign investors(no new money in the system)) in fact, government redistributioan actually destroys wealth because of debt. Remember, there is no new money in the system, and now wealth has to be created for the government to pay off the debt. Obama has done many things wrong

Anyway, if you want to debate, I'm here all day.

http://matt-rock.newsvine.com/_...se-bush-did-it

This might help you clear things up... I would go through and tell you how every single thing Bush did was bad and a mistake, but I'm tired of doing that. Hopefully this article can help you realize that Bush is the major cause of this recession. As for Obama, he's throwing money at it? Really? Where does he do that? Are you saying that because he's spending money on the health care bill, designed to protect the people of America? Are you saying that, because he wants to lower the tuition for college students? So Americans can be better educated? Are you saying that, because he wants to lower the tax for the middle and lower class majority of America? So they don't have to work three jobs, just to barely make day to day? The money you spend improving your country will end up helping you in the long run.

@KickAss http://matt-rock.newsvine.com/_...se-bush-did-it This might...

You know, it gets annoying that everyone talks about Bush like he's the anti-Christ. I didn't like the guy either, but he's out of office now. Can't run again. Might as well stop complaining about him and try to deal with the issues instead of pointing fingers. And when it comes to Obama, I'm talking about the bail-outs of the major companies. He had to do something, obviously, but giving companies millions of dollars and hoping they know how to spend it wisely wasn't the best solution possible.

Wikits avatar Wikit Yeah You Are +1Reply
@Wikit You know, it gets annoying that everyone talks about Bush like he's the anti-Christ. I didn't like the guy...

Well, I'm not complaining... you asked and I told you. The effects of his idiocy still resonate to this day, almost three years after he stepped out of office. As for the bailout... if he hadn't bailed those companies out, a lot of Americans would have been out of a job. Also, only months after the bailout Ford, GMC, and other American car companies went from producing gas guzzling monstrosities to nice fuel efficient and even hybrid producing companies who have won awards. Are you saying that you'd prefer if they'd just closed down and fired all their employees?

@KickAss Well, I'm not complaining... you asked and I told you. The effects of his idiocy still resonate to this day, almost...

Did I say you were complaining? I was more referring to the vast amount of articles proclaiming Bush as a blithering idiot who screwed the entire country over. I don't think he was an idiot, but he was certainly not one of our finer presidents.

As I did say, SOMETHING had to be done about the failing companies. I never said I'd rather thousands of people lose their jobs. I think a better solution could have been thought of, however. And while it did save jobs, some of the companies have been shown to be abusing the money that was given to them. But hey. Guess I shouldn't worry about car companies or their vehicles too much. I'm getting the twenty-year old pick-up truck that's been in my family for a while. That thing drives like a dream. Though it's gas mileage is rather...meh.

any country that thinks weed is worse than cigs/alcohol is fucked up

I believe that "bitching about it on the Internet" IS doing something about it.

I'd rather be living in a country where at least the government isn't actively trying to destroy the middle and lower class, taking their people's tax dollars, spending it on something the people DO NOT WANT and sticking anyone who tries to refuse to pay in jail. I'd rather not live in a country where the people who are supposed to be in control are such closed minded, non-compromising babies making it impossible to get anything done. I'd rather not live in a country where the politicians mindlessly throw our soldiers in a country for years that neither we NOR the country they are in want them to be, where they will die by the loads whilst the people at home beg and plead for the government to bring them home, but they don't listen whilst wives lose their husbands, sons lose their fathers, daughters lose their mothers, brothers lose their brothers..... Yeah, other countries have problems, but that doesn't make THIS one any less fucked up, and boy is it EVER fucked up.

MrRites avatar MrRite No Way +7Reply
@MrRite I'd rather be living in a country where at least the government isn't actively trying to destroy the middle and...

1.)They're not thrown into the war, they volunteer.
2.) Although they want to end the war, it's not as simple as saying "We're done" and just stopping.

fangirl12s avatar fangirl12 Yeah You Are +3Reply
@fangirl12 1.)They're not thrown into the war, they volunteer. 2.) Although they want to end the war, it's not as simple as...

What he means by "thrown into the war" is that the war is pointless, America had no business trying to police the world, and that the soldiers lives have been wasted in the middle east. They could technically just pull the troops out and leave the country to fight it out on their own.

@Kluklayu What he means by "thrown into the war" is that the war is pointless, America had no business trying to police the...

Are you kidding? It's not that easy. We're already involved, we can't just pack up and go home like nothign ever happened.

@fangirl12 Are you kidding? It's not that easy. We're already involved, we can't just pack up and go home like nothign ever...

Why not? I don't know much about military, so please explain to me why you can't just leave the country

Most countries are a lot more worse off than America, it's just that America is famous for being superior, so when it's not, people are like "In your face, bitch."

@Most countries are a lot more worse off than America, it's just that America is famous for being superior, so when...

Yeah I'm kinda ashamed of living in the country that sent the world into a depression (thank you Bush)

@We were never in a depression. Recession yes, depression no.

Thanks
@1210182 (fangirl12): Anon was being an ass by being choosy about my wording, so he got it back in return.
@1209608 (Anonymous): Ooh I'm sorry, I didn't use the correct term for it, guess how much of a fuck I don't give. Nobody read that sentence and went, "WHAT? THERE WAS A DEPRESSION? WHY DIDN'T ANYONE TELL ME ABOUT THIS???" And got confused, I got my point across and that's all I care about

@KickAss Thanks @1210182 (fangirl12): Anon was being an ass by being choosy about my wording, so he got it back in...

Whoa, touchy. If you really didn't give a flying fuck about an anon's innocent correction, you wouldn't have written IN FUCKING ALL CAPS.
Just saying.

@Whoa, touchy. If you really didn't give a flying fuck about an anon's innocent correction, you wouldn't have...

What was in caps was the person reading my comment and freaking out, because he misunderstood my comment....

@KickAss What was in caps was the person reading my comment and freaking out, because he misunderstood my comment....

All I'm saying is that you put too much effort into responding to the person who corrected you to make me believe the claim that you really don't give a fuck.
If you didn't, you'd just ignore it.

Look - most people on this website are teenagers, including myself. There isn't much we are able to do until we are adults, and even then there isn't much. Yes, America has done some amazing things, but it also has done some bad things. Pointing out the bad things helps make advancements in this country. Another thing is that we have FREE SPEECH. Even if all of the above were not factors, I could sit on my ass all day and complain if I felt like it. Speaking out isn't something that I or anyone else should be ashamed of and no matter how much you bitch about other people's complaints, it will not stop anytime soon.

Fine you have free education, minimum wage and the democratic system, but Lebanon has no age limit when it comes to drinking! We win!
...Right?

You have free education?

@You have free education?

Well, K-12. You have to pay a shitload for college though.

@Well, K-12. You have to pay a shitload for college though.

Um, last I checked, there are still school fees, and if I'm not mistaken, some American schools have waiting lists because they don't have enough room

@fuustoleit For American public schools? I don't think so, not in Massachusetts at least.

Hmmm, I do remember watching a TV special on it where this school had a draw to determine which kids could get in to the school for that year, I think it was poorer neighborhoods though

@Kluklayu Hmmm, I do remember watching a TV special on it where this school had a draw to determine which kids could get in...

Education is compulsory in America, you're not allowed to tell a kid he can't go to school...

Exactly what the person above said. I imagine that the special you saw was a very special case that you can't use to judge American education. So check again.

fuustoleits avatar fuustoleit Yeah You Are +1Reply
@Kluklayu That's why I said SOME American schools, I never said all American schools were like that

Not more than a handful. Therefore, not enough evidence to judge general public education. We have a decent system.

fuustoleits avatar fuustoleit Yeah You Are 0Reply
@fuustoleit Not more than a handful. Therefore, not enough evidence to judge general public education. We have a decent system.

I never said you didn't, I never made any assumptions or judgements about anything, you are putting words in my comments that I never typed

@Kluklayu I never said you didn't, I never made any assumptions or judgements about anything, you are putting words in my...

You said there were school fees, there aren't. All I'm saying is that your facts aren't straight.

@fuustoleit You said there were school fees, there aren't. All I'm saying is that your facts aren't straight.

You...you guys don't have school fees? Wow, I live in Canada and we have to pay around 100-250 a year depending on the courses you take. But even so, I never said America has a bad system, I never even implied that you do

@Kluklayu You...you guys don't have school fees? Wow, I live in Canada and we have to pay around 100-250 a year depending on...

Yuo have to pay for school? All we have to do here is pay the taxes, lunch money and school supplies and we're good to go.

fangirl12s avatar fangirl12 Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Kluklayu Um, last I checked, there are still school fees, and if I'm not mistaken, some American schools have waiting lists...

Um if the $20 you have to give the art teacher to pay for your sketchbook and paints at the beginning of the year counts as a school fee then I guess we do have school fees. All American kids have access to a public school in grades K-12. You have to go on a waiting list if you want to go to a private school or maybe a charter school.

@fEMMAnist Um if the $20 you have to give the art teacher to pay for your sketchbook and paints at the beginning of the year...

Yeah that's what I meant by school fees, we have to pay textbook rentals and locker rentals, plus other supply fees depending on your courses.

@Kluklayu Yeah that's what I meant by school fees, we have to pay textbook rentals and locker rentals, plus other supply fees...

I see. I think fees have more to do with the county government than the national government. I've never had to pay more than $40 a year for actual school, but that is not including all the unnecessary stuff like school lunches, personal school supplies, fines for writing on the desk in permanent ink, school picture fee, student ID replacement fee, lost library book fine, the damaged textbook fine, PE uniform fee and the $75 they charge you to park your car on the street in front of my school. My county has budget cut issues, in case you can't tell.

@fEMMAnist I see. I think fees have more to do with the county government than the national government. I've never had to pay...

You have a PE uniform? We just have shorts and t-shirts we own. We never get fined for writing on desks, my parents never get school pictures cuz it's too expensive, and my school actually has parking for students which is also free. Student ID is free, school supplies are usually fairly cheap. But yeah my school fees are around 150-275 a year, but thus because of the courses im taking

@Kluklayu You have a PE uniform? We just have shorts and t-shirts we own. We never get fined for writing on desks, my parents...

Our school has a free parking lot to but it usually fills up around 6:05 so it doesn't do a whole lot of good. There are around 2500 students at my school and twenty spaces just doesn't cut it. Neighbors rent out their driveways for about a hundred bucks a year and make a bunch of money. We do have school buses but if you take a school bus you can't drive to the mall for lunch which really sucks.
We probable pay the exact same amount for school is just divided between taxes and fees in a different way. Nothing in school is really free, it's just tax payer funded.

@fEMMAnist Our school has a free parking lot to but it usually fills up around 6:05 so it doesn't do a whole lot of good...

Yeah my school has about 200-300 people in it, and there is definitely enough parking for the few of us that can drive, and at my school, even if you take the bus there are a couple restaurants you can walk to for lunch, and you can usually find a ride with someone else who is going

USA > UK. I want to move there.

And I'm English.

@USA > UK. I want to move there. And I'm English.

You will no doubt be very popular over here.

@You will no doubt be very popular over here.

Seriously. Everyone loves the English over here. We just wanna hear you talk :P

Fair warning, if you move here you will be constantly harrassed to say specific words because of your accent.

We do not have free education. We have tax payer funded education. There is a HUGE difference.