+162

Saying thank you to compliments about your natural appearance is kinda taking credit for somebody else's work, amirite?

LarryHis avatar
6 6
The voters have decided that LarryHi is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Yes and no.

Our appearance is mostly biology - you can't help the colour of your skin, facial features, shape of your bones, height, etc., but your own personal choices do come into play - eating properly, exercising, bathing regularly, basic grooming, etc., does wonders for your appearance, like JimiHendrix said.

Also, sorry to nitpick, but let's say you're naturally a brilliant singer that never had to take lessons, or a brilliant artist that never had to take an art class or anything - is that the same deal? People can't compliment you for your lovely voice, since it's something you were more or less born with?

@Simon Also, sorry to nitpick, but let's say you're naturally a brilliant singer that never had to take lessons, or a...

I just meant more along the lines of your face and how it naturally looks. But you make good points, and I should have worded it better. D:

LarryHis avatar LarryHi Yeah You Are -1Reply

I see what you mean, but what do you say when someone tells you you're pretty if you can't say thanks...