Miss_Courage_Wolfs avatar
0 12

if you think that executing people not only is moral but is cheaper than jailing someone for life, than you are a literal Fuckshit

@if you think that executing people not only is moral but is cheaper than jailing someone for life, than you are a...

Guess what, you're on a site called amirite, where people post their opinions. You have no right to criticize me for mine. Also, I must point out that killing someone technically IS cheaper than jailing them. I'm not suggesting that we kill innocent people- only those who deserve it.

Or you could learn to forgive the person so that you can fully move on with your life. You know, instead of playing God and deciding who deserves to live or die. Cos unless they're likely to escape... they're no longer a threat to society...

@Miss_Courage_Wolf Some people don't deserve forgiveness.

It's not for their sake. It's for the sake of those trying to move on. Forgiveness is the best way to fully move on. And again you are playing God by saying what people deserve.

@DictatorCourtney It's not for their sake. It's for the sake of those trying to move on. Forgiveness is the best way to fully move...

Forgiveness may be best in some cases, but I don't think there's any hard-and-fast rule about it being the best way to move on; it's kind of a case by case thing. And maybe I am playing God, but I believe some people truly are evil (serial killers, rapists, etc), and they should be punished to the full extent of the law. Those are just my thoughts.

@Miss_Courage_Wolf Forgiveness may be best in some cases, but I don't think there's any hard-and-fast rule about it being the best way...

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge dig two graves." --Confucius

Saying that someone deserves to die, or killing someone under capital punishment for the sake of revenge, is playing God. No one has the right to place a value on life or deem who deserves to die. It's no better than being a murderer.

Revenge is not a lasting relief: it takes away a piece of your soul too.

Some people love prison

AtheisticMystics avatar AtheisticMystic Yeah You Are +1Reply

Life in jail is worse than death.

@Chapstick Life in jail is worse than death.

No it's not. You get TV, you get books, you get a pool table.

@No it's not. You get TV, you get books, you get a pool table.

Life locked away in prison, isolated from the world, left alone in a cell with only your guilty conciensce to accompany you vs. a quick, easy, painless death. Prison is worse.

Hmm.... you have a good point, but so does the anon. Some of these rapists/murderers/whatever they did don't have a conscience, which is one of the reasons they ended up in prison. So they'd be left to stare at a wall...

Anonymous