+165

If you think about it, the news media has a lot of influence towards gas prices. Phase One: News media makes announcement that gas prices are going to rise and suggest that people go fill up before it does. Phase Two: People rush to the stations to buy gas. Phase Three: Demand rises, supply stays the same. Phase Four: Gas prices go up to lower the demand. Thanks, 5'clock news. Amirite?

StickCavemans avatar
2 2
The voters have decided that StickCaveman is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

"supply stays the same."

I might be taking this the wrong way but... It's kinda non-renewable, eh?

Runys avatar Runy No Way +1Reply
@Runy "supply stays the same." I might be taking this the wrong way but... It's kinda non-renewable, eh?

I'm thinking in short term conditions. The news media's impact is for let's say up to a week after they report that gas prices will rise. In that week's time, the supply of gas probably isn't going to change much.

StickCavemans avatar StickCaveman Yeah You Are 0Reply