+663

People who watched the last Harry Potter movie: The theater cheered when Molly said "NOT MY DAUGHTER, YOU BITCH!" amirite?

Slendermans avatar
31 31
The voters have decided that Slenderman is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Haha, my theater cheered at all the good parts. :) I love premiere audiences; they are the best!

nataliebats avatar nataliebat Yeah You Are +24Reply
@nataliebat Haha, my theater cheered at all the good parts. :) I love premiere audiences; they are the best!

There was a group of about 30 people in my theater who came together and they were all a different character. One was Molly Weasley and she cheered the loudest at this line.

THEY PUT THAT IN THE MOVIE? Thank god, I would have been PISSED if they left that out.

Everyone cheered for her and Neville... Yet no one even made a sound when Voldemort was killed.

@Everyone cheered for her and Neville... Yet no one even made a sound when Voldemort was killed.

Same! Although the reason I didn't cheer when he was killed was because it was in slow motion so I didn't know when it would be a fitting time to cheer xD

Slendermans avatar Slenderman Yeah You Are +11Reply
@Slenderman Same! Although the reason I didn't cheer when he was killed was because it was in slow motion so I didn't know when...

I just don't think it deserved much of a clap... I mean I know it's like the final thing the whole series led up to, bit everyone I know said they were gonna be possed if they didn't include Molly's line or that Neville killed Nagini. I admit that I was one of the loudest who cheered for Neville when he killed Nagini. My friend whispered to me right before that scene that she was going to be absolutely pissed off if they didn't have Neville as the one who killed Nagini.

@I just don't think it deserved much of a clap... I mean I know it's like the final thing the whole series led up...

Neville killing Nagini is a crucial part of the storyline. They were obligated to leave it in.

Molly calling Bellatrix a bitch served as last-minute characterization.

And after she killed her everyone clapped.

Egotisticals avatar Egotistical Yeah You Are +17Reply

I had one of the good audiences and everyone was cheering. Also when the stone statues wake up to guard the castle (not a huge event but still amazingly cool how they fall from the walls and land kneeling) when McGonagall says "I've always wanted to use that spell" and she sounded like a happy little girl my theater blew up laughing. And I know this sounds REALLY morbid but I'm so happy maggie smith made it to the final movie. She's only 77 but it would never have been the same if she wasn't their for the finale.

i was so afraid that they were gonna leave that part out; when i finally saw it i was like, "HELL YEAH!"

StripedElfSockss avatar StripedElfSocks Yeah You Are +13Reply

That line definitely got some of the most cheering, though Neville might have had more. My theater was awesome. We clapped together, cheered together (even when the previews started, not the actual movie), laughed together, and sobbed together. That communal experience really made the premiere for me. I only wish that I'd had a chance to go to one of the previous premieres.

Dirait_ons avatar Dirait_on Yeah You Are +13Reply
@Dirait_on That line definitely got some of the most cheering, though Neville might have had more. My theater was awesome. We...

Haha... Our theater cheered when someone's phone said 12:01, and the previews hadn't even started yet.

Mj1996s avatar Mj1996 Yeah You Are +2Reply

There were a bunch of annoying kids in front of us who were talking the whole time, but the first time Voldemort went onscreen one of them yelled "GOT YOUR NOSE!"

bananaman24s avatar bananaman24 Yeah You Are +13Reply

My theater sucked... When Molly said that, only a few people chuckled.

Midnight premier was madness. People were dueling in costumes during the previews, and the theater brought snacks on a cart yelling "anything from the trolley?" One guy even wrapped pillows around him, got himself in a huge jacket, put on a fake beard and called himself Hagrid.

Ethans avatar Ethan Yeah You Are +7Reply
@Ethan Midnight premier was madness. People were dueling in costumes during the previews, and the theater brought snacks...

One of the duels in our theater resulted in part of the curtain around the screen being torn off...

Mj1996s avatar Mj1996 Yeah You Are +1Reply
@Ethan haha bro that sucks. Did you still get to see the movie?

First off, I'm not a bro. Second, yeah, it was just the curtain around the screen not the actual screen. I'm pretty sure they ripped it further playing Muggle, Muggle, Wizard.

Mj1996s avatar Mj1996 Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Mj1996 First off, I'm not a bro. Second, yeah, it was just the curtain around the screen not the actual screen. I'm pretty...

Thats awesome! Sorry, you don't have a picture, It was a gamble I was willing to take.

Ethans avatar Ethan Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Ethan Thats awesome! Sorry, you don't have a picture, It was a gamble I was willing to take.

Not a problem. Yeah, I know I need to get one, I just haven't gotten around to it.

I agree to a certain degree, and at the risk of having everyone attack me I'll go on and speak my mind anyway... The movie failed to live up to my expectations. I suppose I can sum up the movie by saying it lacked emotion. I love Harry Potter and was disappointed to see the movie turn out the way it did. And at the risk of sounding cliche... The books were waaaay better.

My cinema sucked, and behind us there was an annoying kid who wouldn't shut up and tried to predict every spell they were going to caste then he was fighting with his sister when she tried to get him to be quiet.

I saw the movie about a month and a half after it came out. There were probably 12 people in the theater besides me and my sister. So no, sadly, this did not happen

My cinema was great, there was this group of kids and one was Bellatrix, one wa Molly, and when Molly killed Bellatrix in the movie, cinema Molly broke cinema Bellatrix's wand in half as the audience cheered. Also a girl dropped her popcorn during the previews and we started a slow clap until everyone was giving the very embarrassed girl a round of applause.

There was also a Darth Vader and a g