+138

Communion is pretty disgusting. It's like, "This is the body of Christ. This is the blood of Jesus... om nom nom nom", amirite?

Food & Drink
22 19

It's exponentially more disturbing due to the fact Catholics adamantly deny it's a symbol. They believe they are changed to literal flesh and blood. shudder

Trishs avatar Trish Yeah You Are +2Reply
@yesyouarerite No, they don't. You know some weird Catholics then.

The official Catholic teaching is transubstantiation- that the bread and wine and transformed and become the Body and Blood of Christ. Literally, not symbolically.

Actually they do. They don't believe that they are eating a literal chunk of flesh or actual blood, but they believe God becomes a part of them when they have Communion. It doesn't symbolize being joined with God, it shows that they are actually physically/spiritually one with God. (It goes along with the whole "we are in him, and he in us" belief.)

Thanks for grossing me out, I'll be eating them in an hour.

More like, this is the body of Christ. Says Amen and eats respectfully

I'm Christian, and i felt a tad guilty, but the "om nom nom" got me giggling...

Well, at least it's delicious. Oh, wait, no, the "body of Christ" is cardboard, and "blood of Jesus" is a glass of germs, mono, and cooties.

@orangesocks Well, at least it's delicious. Oh, wait, no, the "body of Christ" is cardboard, and "blood of Jesus" is a glass of...

Since the wine is alcohol, it actually lessens the chance of getting sick from sharing. Also, I'd like to think God watches out for us a little bit and tries not to make us sick from sharing his blood.

Ehh my church has good bread and everybody gets their own little glass cup that gets washed after every service

@Funnyplants Ehh my church has good bread and everybody gets their own little glass cup that gets washed after every service

At my church we have the nasty little cardboardesque wafer things and like 2 or 3 glasses of filthy wine that people get in line to sip from.

At my church they serve Communion by dipping the little wafer into a cup that has the wine, and putting it into your mouth for you.
Or you have the option of drinking from the cup.

@1355110

it was a joke. I took communion today and thought it was kinda funny that we're eating Jesus.

Also strange to me, many Christians wear tiny torture devices around their necks...

@Funnyplants Yeah it's not like they symbolize anything

I know it symbolizes something important. I still find it strange. I find many religious things like that odd.

Anonymous