+198

Censorship is not allowing an adult to have a steak because an infant can’t chew it, amirite?

Simons avatar
16 18
The voters have decided that Simon is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

From here: http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/show/239451

Changed it slightly.

Simons avatar Simon Yeah You Are 0Reply

I disagree, it´s more like not allowing everyone at the table to have steak because there are infants there too.

@Nacklefoodle I disagree, it´s more like not allowing everyone at the table to have steak because there are infants there too.

IDK, that sounds just as accurate as what I said, just making the adults and infants plural.

Simons avatar Simon Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Simon IDK, that sounds just as accurate as what I said, just making the adults and infants plural.

Well, no, because I'm saying that there's a dish that everyone at the table needs to have, and the man isn't allowed to have his favourite (steak) because there are people at the table who can't physically eat it. It's different from a man not being allowed to order one steak for himself only because there is a kid beside him who can't have steak.

@Nacklefoodle Well, no, because I'm saying that there's a dish that everyone at the table needs to have, and the man isn't...

Ok, well than for the metaphor, it depends what type of censorship. Like, I was thinking more along the lines of movies/music (in my state, X rated movies are banned and 18+ video games are banned in Australia) in that the censorship is of something that you'd have to go out of your way to access, (a kid shouldn't be buying a violent video game anyway; the infant shouldn't be eating steak anyway) rather than something that is public (Ie, an offensive billboard that everyone has to walk past).

Also, there's other censorship of SRS BSBS stuff, like Wikileaks, and all. What were you thinking of?

Simons avatar Simon Yeah You Are +1Reply
@Simon Ok, well than for the metaphor, it depends what type of censorship. Like, I was thinking more along the lines of...

Yeah I was thinking more along the lines of public television/radio and billboards. But the games and films are also applicable, considering anyone with the money could get it while not knowing what it is. Because, I mean, the guy can have steak as long as he proves he has the teeth for it, right?

@Nacklefoodle Yeah I was thinking more along the lines of public television/radio and billboards. But the games and films are...

Yeah.

Well, I think certain types of censorship are logical - for example, if a radio station plays rock and roll, and hip hop, you'd expect maybe some ads for sex stores or something, but advertisements for sex stores or sex lines in between things that are aimed at children - for example, during 3PM to 9PM, where kids will be watching TV after school - don't make sense, as they're more likely to piss off parents than be aired to your demographic.

Same with billboards - I don't think the whole of society should revolve around protecting kids, but I can understand a mother being pissed because her kid sees a billboard and goes "MUM WHAT'S SEX?" or "MUM WHAT'S CONDOMS?"

Simons avatar Simon Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Simon Yeah. Well, I think certain types of censorship are logical - for example, if a radio station plays rock and roll...

Yeah, so this post doesn't work in all examples. Sure they can limit having steak on the adult menu only, but that doesn't mean no man can have steak as long as there are infants still in existence. That's all I'm saying: your post/that quote is too vague.

YES, A POST FROM SIMON. Now I can get the Basic Instinct achievement.

Cyber_Studs avatar Cyber_Stud Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Cyber_Stud YES, A POST FROM SIMON. Now I can get the Basic Instinct achievement.

WAT

Also, our compatibility is "Off The Charts" and is all green.

Simons avatar Simon Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Simon WAT Also, our compatibility is "Off The Charts" and is all green.

That means we should get married. Should we serve chicken or beef for the ceremony? Also, my great aunt Marie has allergies, so it will have to be indoors.

Just wrote up a whole giant comment, then hit cancel. T_T

Anyways I disagree... no smilie, but please don't ask why.