+162

Watching my brother play Black Ops i realized that Call of Duty games are becoming the next Grand Theft Auto and Halo. Each game is the same with a different title and slightly better graphics, amirite?

SailorMooneys avatar
1 18
The voters have decided that SailorMooney is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Except for the fact that they are completely different games?

Sergs avatar Serg No Way +7Reply

Lol at not knowing what you're talking about

Except Halo isn't like that

@qwerty123 Except Halo isn't like that

Your right cuz halo, halo 2, halo 3, ODST and reach all weren't the same game with a different name better graphics and a story that is becoming more and more ridiculous

SailorMooneys avatar SailorMooney Yeah You Are -5Reply

almost every blockbuster game being released this year is a sequel to another sequel.

They drastically changed the Nazi Zombie mode in Black Ops, adding more fun levels and a backstory.

I don't know what you're talking about.

@They drastically changed the Nazi Zombie mode in Black Ops, adding more fun levels and a backstory. I don't know...

I honestly don't play that many video games, but those seem like really minor changes.

@Lanz I honestly don't play that many video games, but those seem like really minor changes.

Well, there's also the Black Ops being about an entirely different war thing, but that's not much of a change, right?

@Well, there's also the Black Ops being about an entirely different war thing, but that's not much of a change, right?

Well that's a given. Aside from levels and modes and graphics and other easily changed things, are there any changes to the actual gameplay? The game engine?

@Lanz Well that's a given. Aside from levels and modes and graphics and other easily changed things, are there any...

I don't really think there needs to be. It's a different storyline with a little harder gameplay. It's to keep the fans playing.

@I don't really think there needs to be. It's a different storyline with a little harder gameplay. It's to keep the...

Why not improve on the engine? A complete overhall isn't necessary, but why not improve on it?

Lots of FPS games are REALLY similar, but not GTA. Rockstar is unique, in a really good way.

@The_Chosen_One Lots of FPS games are REALLY similar, but not GTA. Rockstar is unique, in a really good way.

I was saying there not doing anything to make the game that much better. Where's the uniqueness when your taking the original idea and just adding one building block at a time and saying it's better.

SailorMooneys avatar SailorMooney Yeah You Are 0Reply

GTA is completely different from those games..

@PurpleZebra GTA is completely different from those games..

What? They said the marketing style is similar to GTA in that they use the same basic game but change the story and update the graphics a bit.

Well i dont know about GTA since i havent played it often, but CoD definitely does not change. the graphics are the same since CoD 4, and they dont look like theyre going to change for the new one, CoD 8. Halo on the other hand has changed and innovated. They added forge, firefight,and theatre mode,things no other developer could think of. and they brought FPS's to the console, paving the way for CoD. The story is also huge comparable to the backstory of star wars (in size, not the actual story). there are multiple spinoffs, books, comics, websites, etc. Halo and Battlefield are the best FPS's out there today, CoD doesnt even come close.

GTA is very unique. Different, extremely engaging stories on each iteration of the game.