+186

It's kind of awkward reading lyrics to heavy metal songs on lyrics websites, because the words aren't written in all capital letters, amirite?

iamganontheumbreons avatar
1 11
The voters have decided that iamganontheumbreon is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.
@1412005

...I'm sorry but this cracked me up.

Shugahs avatar Shugah Yeah You Are 0Reply
@1412353

It was just odd hearing it presented that way.

@1412005

Get out of here. Asking Alexandria isn't metal. Go listen to Megadeth, Sabbath, Iron Maiden, or Judas Priest and find out what real metal is. Bunch of scene kids pretending to be metalheads, pathetic.

@1413935

Never said they weren't allowed to like them. I'm merely stating that I dislike it when people call bands metal when they're really not, and dislike the members of the band pretending to be metal. I also suggested other bands to listen to that are actually metal in order to make a comparison.

@1415841

No, they're just another mall-core band for scene kids to listen to so they can brag about how "hXc" they are after buying a shirt from Hot Topic. Playing music that's barely even heavy and then throwing in a breakdown is not metal.

@1416226

Well, in my original comment I listed a couple bands, but here's a couple links for you to check out.

@1416475

You're missing my point. I'm not arguing that all music should sound like the music I posted, I'm arguing that Asking Alexandria is not metal. I've been listening to metal for 10 years, I've heard it all. They're not heavy enough. They're a hardcore band plus screams. Screams don't make it metal. And what do you mean different screams? None of those bands I listed scream, they either actually sing, or use rough vocals.

@1416547

First off, what something's classified as by the general public, and what it really is aren't always the same. Second off, any true metal fan will tell you metal-core isn't really metal, it's just glorified hardcore. Does it have it's place in music? Yes. Is it better than listening to Lady Gaga or Lil Wayne?Yes. Is it metal? No. Third off, why are you getting so offended? I' m not saying they suck, I'm not personally insulting you, I'm just saying they're not metal. I'm not here to piss you off, I'm here to do my part in correcting a popular misconception. That is all.

@1416618

I skipped over the rest of that comment after metal-core, that was my bad. In answer, your using pop music which is a much more clear-cut genre than metal. Pop is made to appeal to the masses, it's simple and has little depth as far as sub-genres go. Metal is much more complex with many sub-genres and has inspired hybrid genres such as metal-core. The thing is though, a lion and a tiger put together don't make a lion, they make a liger. So metal and hardcore put together don't make metal or hardcore, they make metal-core. Its neither hardcore nor metal, its metal-core. It borrows elements from both, while being neither. Asking Alexandria takes much more from hardcore than from metal in my opinion but they're still metal-core. A genre inspired by metal and hardcore but not actually metal or hardcore. It is it's own unique genre. I should have said this to begin with, it's a much easier way to say what I've been trying to say.

@1417666

I felt like it.

@1419455

I'm glad you finally caught on.

Anonymous