+424

At some point in our lives, we all have, at some completely random moment, stopped what we were doing and just thought, "Man, what am I doing here? How does any of this even exist? What is reality, anyway?", amirite?

DuminduRatnayakes avatar
19 8
The voters have decided that DuminduRatnayake is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Oh man, I used to get that feeling even as a little kid. Well, it was two different feelings. Sometimes, I would lay in bed and stare at my hand and wonder how strange it was that I was thinking about my existence even as time moved forward until I had trouble believing that I existed, and other times I would just feel like I had fallen too deep into reality and have to take a moment to regroup. Those thoughts can really confuse the hell out of a five year-old.
Now I've just accepted the fact that there's a very good chance none of this even exists and incorporated it into my everyday life. That makes life much easier to comprehend.

ctiscoolers avatar ctiscooler Yeah You Are +5Reply

sometimes I lie in bed and scare the shit out of myself just thinking about all. I wonder if I even have free will or I think about how brief my life will really be.

On multiple occasions, actually. I then drift onto the thoughts on multiple universes (and every possibility occurring as a requirement) and wonder why I'm unlucky with tons of stuff here that the other me in another universe has a perfect life and has not once thought about other variations of him....

Then I try to stop confusing myself

I've been having these sorts of moments way too often lately.

regular_angulars avatar regular_angular Yeah You Are +3Reply

Its called "being high"

Is this the real life?

I've been thinking a lot about that and time, lately. I'm currently reading Slaughterhouse Five and, like, what if it's somehow possible to perceive time differently? What would it be like? What IS time?
And then I get a headache.

MaryKateBurnetts avatar MaryKateBurnett Yeah You Are +1Reply