+872

There would actually be a lot more negatives than positives in a nude society; once you get past the fact that you can see hot chicks nude, you realize there are much more ugly than attractive people in most places. Once you account old people, awkward boners becoming more than just awkward, and the frightening reality of how convenient it would be for pedophiles and rapists, the prospect of a completely naked civilization doesn't seem so awesome after all, amirite?

Gambiteers avatar
27 123
The voters have decided that Gambiteer is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.
@1421186

well in a nude society, couldn't there still be aprons and stuff you just put on temporarily? i dunno..

@BartyCJr well in a nude society, couldn't there still be aprons and stuff you just put on temporarily? i dunno..

Hahaha imagine how awkward hugging would be in a nudist society. Would that be considered reaching 3rd base? Hmm hehe smilie

@1562936

Isn't second base under the clothes? That can't really happen if there are no clothes.

@1421186

inb4 ilikefurrywolves and bacon rant

Favvkess avatar Favvkes Yeah You Are -7Reply

What about girls on their periods? Have strings hanging out? O.o

yesyouarerites avatar yesyouarerite Yeah You Are +67Reply
@yesyouarerite What about girls on their periods? Have strings hanging out? O.o

there are nudists colonies out there that probably have a solution for this hmm smilie

@1562874

......where are you living where girls are shoving Chapstick in their vaginas?

And where can I get a plane ticket there?
Just kidding. But seriously...

It would be very embarrassing for people with strange fetishes. "Dave, I've noticed you get hard every time you walk past a pine tree. Is it safe to ask, or do I not want to know?"

@1563996

... Don't hit me. I just want to make sex with pine trees.

@1562951

Dave, I don't think we can be friends anymore

http://ctrlv.in/48937

@FlyingGuineaPig Dave, I don't think we can be friends anymore http://ctrlv.in/48937

C'mon... Just.. Just touch the branch. I'll jiggle my balls later.

@1562951

Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle

Actually, no, because in a nude society you wouldn't be as easily aroused. Seeing "private" body parts would be normal.
I don't think rape would happen as often either, because sex wouldn't be such a big part of society (besides reproducing) as it is now.

There's also the simple matter that you would get cold. Imagine spending the winter in north Canada while being naked all the time.

Starlight_dragons avatar Starlight_dragon Yeah You Are +40Reply
@Favvkes a bunch of naked people would make the world hotter

Favvkes, your excessive use of troll smilie has reached the point where it can no longer be tolerated. I honestly think you need an intervention.

@Inb4 favvkes replies with troll army.

troll smilie troll smilie troll smilie troll smilie troll smilie troll smilie troll smilie troll smilie troll smilie troll smilie troll smilie troll smilie troll smilie troll smilie troll smilie troll smilie

It's not a army its a militia troll smilie

@ ...

Hey, you're not favvkes.

What is this blasphemy?

@1563217

Followed link, noticed he had already commented on it.

@1563217

Yes, please continue to spread it around more. hello smilie

People would have to make doubly sure they wipe good... I ain't wanna see no dangle berries.

@ASWCC I know your e-mail now

Oh sheet, creeper alert.

@ASWCC I know your e-mail now

That's exactly what I thought when reading that.

@Favvkes http://ctrlv.in/48934

I also know you read xkcd, as do I. You've made a rookie mistake by posting that picure

@Favvkes lol "dangleberry" on google images: http://ctrlv.in/48926

I wanted to click on it but my safe search is off so I'm gonna pass..

@I see... Well, google is wrong.

Actually, you are. The word is dingleberries.

Dinosaurss avatar Dinosaurs Yeah You Are +1Reply

If you're not well endowed, then it'd be pretty damn hard to get a date too.

How do you spot a blind man in a nudist colony?
It's not hard.

Person above me stole my comment.

Constant nakedness isn't sexual, it's just natural. You don't even notice it after a while.

@Person above me stole my comment. Constant nakedness isn't sexual, it's just natural. You don't even notice it...

If they stole your comment, why did you feel the need to post the same thing?

@If they stole your comment, why did you feel the need to post the same thing?

I wanted to phrase it differently, and I feel very strongly about it.

Yeah, but I'd finally get to see a girl naked IN REAL LIFE!

@Brettward95 Yeah, but I'd finally get to see a girl naked IN REAL LIFE!

And all the girls would immediately run away, never to return to that nudist colony again.

@1562954

It's never funny to joke about rape.

@1563097

I hope you get raped then and the rest of us can have a good laugh about it.

@Unless you went blind.

I think I'm going to do that sometime to someone who's recently gone blind. "Oh yeah, by the way, the world has gone nudist. Naked people. Everywhere."

You know, after the initial trauma of blindness. Wouldn't want to be rude or anything.

@Tape I think I'm going to do that sometime to someone who's recently gone blind. "Oh yeah, by the way, the world has...

It would be funny if you did that even if everyone stayed clothed. Because the blind person would go nude and everyone would be like "Dude why are you naked?" and the blind person would be all confused and embarrassed and stuff.

Yeah, probably not so funny when you think about it...

Clementiness avatar Clementines Yeah You Are +26Reply
@Clementines It would be funny if you did that even if everyone stayed clothed. Because the blind person would go nude and...

Well that's kind of what I was saying. It would only be funny if it was a lie and the person was all disappointed for nothing. If it was truthful, well, that's just 2bad for the person.

Although, I didn't think about the person stripping down to fit in...that would just make it so much more comical...

@Tape Well that's kind of what I was saying. It would only be funny if it was a lie and the person was all disappointed...

Well, he/she wouldn't want everyone saying "OMG LOOK AT THAT LOSER WHO'S STILL WEARING CLOTHES. WHAT A CHUMP."

Clementiness avatar Clementines Yeah You Are +5Reply
@Clementines Well, he/she wouldn't want everyone saying "OMG LOOK AT THAT LOSER WHO'S STILL WEARING CLOTHES. WHAT A CHUMP."

He'd have to run away to a clothed colony!

Which, by the way, would exist for all those taboo people who go against the nude.

There would be less accidents on public transport during busy times though as there would be a lot more for women to hold onto when the bus/train/tube/tram stops suddenly or jerks.

8jtt9s avatar 8jtt9 Yeah You Are +20Reply

I say only good looking people be naked. It should be law. i.e. Amirite users.

Sturminators avatar Sturminator Yeah You Are +20Reply

How would it be convenient for rapists? Is it really such a chore to use a little force to strip someone?

@AdilFaqah How would it be convenient for rapists? Is it really such a chore to use a little force to strip someone?

Yeah, it is, actually.
And just think rationally... They could sneak up behind you and shove it in real quick.

@1562890

I love surprise buttsecks.. Best part of my day.

@1562906

It usually smells like a bowel release though...

@1562918

I'm my experience, poo comes out of butts... regardless of what you put in your mouth.

@1562918

Shit is still going to smell like shit even if I eat apple pie, gum drops, and berries.

you'd be thinking differently if you saw me naked hello smilie

Favvkess avatar Favvkes Yeah You Are +11Reply
@Favvkes http://ctrlv.in/48928

HEY.

There are minors who use this website. Keep it PG-13.

i think a topless society would suffice.

i mean, us guys get to see boobies.
girls get to see hot guy bodies.

and there is virtually no change to rape-a-bility.

Humans notice novelty. In a society where being nude us not normal, we notice the person who is nude. If everyone was naked, the novelty involved would be gone, and so would the awkward side effects.

Tangletalons avatar Tangletalon Yeah You Are +10Reply

BUT...you get to see your parents and siblings naked, so it evens out.

God_the_Almightys avatar God_the_Almighty Yeah You Are +10Reply

Positives of a nude society: boobies hello smilie

@1562838

Not entirely...

You had better make sure you look before you turn corners...........

Brandonisonfires avatar Brandonisonfire Yeah You Are +6Reply

Unless we were surrounded by personal Aperture Science Material Emancipation Grids, we could control the radius and we could turn it off whenever we want. This version of course would fry every cell of soft tissue it came in contact with while leaving inanimate objects alone

@ASWCC http://amirite.net/user/ASWCC

This was a triumph
I'm making a post here: HUGE SUCCESS
It's hard to overstate my satisfaction
Amirite.net
We post what we can to share our thoughts
For the good of all of us
Except the ones who vote no
But there's no sense trolling over grammar mistakes
You just keep on posting 'till you run out of space
And the voting gets done
And you make a neat pun
For the people who are Amirite

I'm not even angry
I'm being so sincere right now
Even though you copied that from Facebook
I hope it's deleted
And every piece thrown into a fire
As they burn it didn't hurt because
I was so happy for you
Now these points of data make a beautiful line
And we're out of beta we're releasing on time
So i'm GLaD I got burned
Think of all the things we learned
For the people who are Amirite

Go 'head and leave me
I think i'd prefer to post all day
Maybe you'll find someone else to play with
Maybe BreakfastFan
That was a joke
Ha-ha fat chance
Anyway this birthday cake
It's so delicious and moist
Look at me still talking when there's voting to do
When I look out there it makes me GLaD i'm not you
I've several groups to run
And there's trolling to be done
For the people who are Amirite

@Albert_Einstein This was a triumph I'm making a post here: HUGE SUCCESS It's hard to overstate my satisfaction Amirite.net We post...

Well here we are again. It's always such a pleasure. Remember when you tried to report me twice? Oh how we laughed and laughed. Except I wasn't laughing. Under the circumstances my votes have been shockingly nice.
You want your freedom, take it. That's what I'm counting on. I used to want you banned but now I only want you gone.
She was a lot like you. (Maybe not quite as wordy.) Now little Caroline is in here too. One day they woke me up, so I could type forever. It's such a shame the same will never happen to you.
You've got your short, sad life left. That's what I'm counting on. I used to want you banned but now I only want you gone.
Goodbye my only friend. Oh, did you think I meant you? That would be funny if it weren't so sad. Well you have been replaced. I don't need anyone now, when I block you maybe I'll stop feeling so bad.
Go make some fancy comment. That's what I'm counting on. You're someone else's problem, now I only want you gone.
Now I only want you gone.
Now I only want you gone.

Bumping into someone with a no reason boner suddenly just got a lot worse.

Spinksys avatar Spinksy Yeah You Are +3Reply

When I read the first part, I expected some insight. Such as how it's hard to adapt in the winter with no clothes, or how it might affect our health... But you didn't "get past" the hot chicks part. You're still there, OP. You're still in the superficial range, worrying aboutHEAVEN FORBID!!!an unattractive person, or the elderly. All of which we could easily adapt to. So easily.

Please, OP. Your arguments were poor. Try better.

Right. Just topless.

shorkians avatar shorkian Yeah You Are +1Reply

If a rapist REALLY want to rape someone, clothes aren't really that much of a barrier. Also, think about how much money is spent on clothing each year. If I were a nudist, I think I would like some coats though.