+200

"I regret to inform you, but the first American Hurricane Irene death has occured. A 22 year-old from Virginia got caught in a rip current while surfing the 30+ ft waves." Well, there goes the cure for cancer, amirite?

ctiscoolers avatar
14 46
The voters have decided that ctiscooler is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

The amount of people who didn't get this baffles me. Is it really that hard to understand?

Axolotls avatar Axolotl No Way +20Reply

Have you ever heard of the "Darwin Awards"?

Wunderscores avatar Wunderscore Yeah You Are +19Reply
@Wunderscore Have you ever heard of the "Darwin Awards"?

No, but I get the natural selection reference there.

ctiscoolers avatar ctiscooler Yeah You Are +10Reply

My English teacher in grade 9 used to read them to us.

???

@John_Gunn ???

I seriously don't get this. Is this a sick joke or is it just not funny?

@1433499

"lost the cure for cancer"?

@1433924

Ohhhhh..... Haha lol I get it now

@ctiscooler I didn't realize sarcasm was esoteric.

-whispers- I don't know what that means.

@John_Gunn What's esoteric?

esoteric: concerning or applying to a certain group of people

ASWCCs avatar ASWCC Yeah You Are +5Reply
@John_Gunn I seriously don't get this. Is this a sick joke or is it just not funny?

Yeah, she shouldn't have been out in the hurricane, but it's still not very funny...

Like a BOSS

Pookies avatar Pookie No Way +8Reply

This reminds of the dude kite surfing during Katrina.

I don't get it

@angiesmiles00 I don't get it

Surfing with 30 ft waves with a hurricane is something that only a stupid as shit person would do, and it'd take a very smart one to cure cancer. The end is sarcastic.

kodabear911s avatar kodabear911 Yeah You Are +5Reply
@angiesmiles00 Hmmm, thanks, but I still don't get it. This was a terrible joke, if it even was one.

Well obviously you'll think it's a terrible joke if you don't get it... if you do it may not be rofl worthy but it brings a good chuckle. I liked it, OP! Even if no one else does.

kodabear911s avatar kodabear911 Yeah You Are +11Reply
@It's 'cause you're black.

You don't know me, who I am or what I am&thats why that statement is wrong. I love how you don't have the guts to put your username so you reply anonymous. Im done with this conversation, it seems to be turning a bad rode.

This post is really disgusting to me. I get the joke and agree that the surfer made an obviously stupid decision. But does that make it ok to laugh about his death? I mean, people are actually favoriting this post and this guy just died a couple hours ago. Try and imagine how his family feels.

To hell with the cure for cancer. If she was 22 and a surfer, she was probably smoking hot.