+191

Anyone working in a sales environment should get a commission from what they sell. This way, not only do they have the chance to earn a lot more money, but they'll be more inclined to be joyful at work, try to sell other products, and make the customer feel valued, amirite?

Rockys avatar
3 10
The voters have decided that Rocky is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I don't know, I feel like customers don't enjoy the creepy attention from sales people looking to get commission.

But then the customer will just get screwed over into buying the most expensive item instead of actually what they need because the salesperson is just looking to make more money

People who sell things should be impartial and honest.

I agree, but I don't think it should be purely commission (I believe that's what OP was saying, anyway). But still, Mary has a good point, and there are other downsides, but I think that - on a whole - it's a pretty good idea.

Hairyleos avatar Hairyleo Yeah You Are +1Reply

If customers weren't so messy and disrespectful sales people would be a lot nicer and more helpful

@aliten7 If customers weren't so messy and disrespectful sales people would be a lot nicer and more helpful

You get paid to help those people and you probably knew that when you took the job, so why complain?

I once went into a retail store where the sales people got commision on the clothes they sold and they were just so annoying. Because they had a certain quota they had to make by the end of the week, they were almost desperate to sell stock. I didn't want to go back there.