+22

Peoples always say "If the US was more Liberal we'd be...." Or "If the US was more Conservative we'd be..." etc. Instead, why don't we look at strong Liberal and Conservative states to see what America would be like if we followed their path. E.g: Want to know what America might be like if we had a abstinence-only, creationist education with a "Government is bad" attitude? Just look at Mississippi. Amrite? amirite?

Jokes & Humour
0 26

being extremely liberal isn't the greatest thing in the world either

@being extremely liberal isn't the greatest thing in the world either

True.

Now show me a Liberal state that's as bad as Mississippi.

@True. Now show me a Liberal state that's as bad as Mississippi.

(TeaBagger.): The People's Republic of Kalifornia is a good example

@TheCatalyst (TeaBagger.): The People's Republic of Kalifornia is a good example

There's an actual state in the U.S, specifically governed by the government, call the People's Republic of Kalifornia? Wow, need to catch up on my US geography more.

Either that or you have failed to provide an example that can be compared with my example of Mississippi, which is an actual state.

I'm thinking it's the latter.

@There's an actual state in the U.S, specifically governed by the government, call the People's Republic of...

not sure whether you are serious or not about that, but that's just a nickname for California, it implies that it's a communist state. and if our politicians had it their way then it very well would be. as it is now it's just extremely liberal and quite possibly the worst state in the country.

@TheCatalyst not sure whether you are serious or not about that, but that's just a nickname for California, it implies that it's...

I was trollin' for a second. Now lemme be serious:

"the worst state in the country"

Really? So, education wise, it's the worse?
Grades wise, it's the worse?
Teen pregnancy wise, it' the worse?
Health Care wise, its the worse?
Access to clean water wise, it's the worse?

It's not Mississippi near bottom, it's California?

Something tells if I were to checks the fact and data statuses that rank the states on each of the topics I mentioned, that wouldn't be the case.

But hey, you're Conservative; facts on paper and data don't exist(atleast, not when it's helping the Liberals). Everyone knows truth is in opinions and opinions only.

Hey, why don't you do something that many of you rarely do; check facts instead of relying on opinion; Google is at your fingertips.

@I was trollin' for a second. Now lemme be serious: "the worst state in the country" Really? So, education wise...

education: the most recent reports I can find place California between 47th and 49th for the worst education.
grades: the report I found ranks us as 30th
birth rate: per 1,000 women age 15-19 California: 39.9 to Mississippi: 68.4
health care: that is a matter that is up to individual people
clean water: probably pretty good access, though I don't know about you but I wouldn't drink the water in LA.

the worst state is subjective, and is based on what one believes is the most important issue.

you live in Mississippi? bad education? get home schooling. to many teen pregnancies? who cares it's their issue to deal with. problem getting clean water? stop being lazy and dig a ground well. don't have anywhere to dig a ground well? land in Mississippi can go for about $800-$1200 per acre for an empty lot, $1500-$2500 per acre for a lot with timber and other possible structures or fauna.

California is a horrible place to live if you care about your freedoms. 1368 page Penal code. "assault weapons" ban. abusive police.

may not be the worst statistically but I have to do with these problems and most other states look a lot better on this side.

@TheCatalyst education: the most recent reports I can find place California between 47th and 49th for the worst...

K, I'm not gonna bother arguing with you on this, because it's true, it is on what matters to the person.

As for your stance on clean water, I mean, it's America, a third world country. Right? Just like Parts of Africa, not only should you have to get drinkable water yourself, but you should also build your own roads and sidewalk, right?

Also, Mississippi is WAY more Conservative than California is Liberal. You're right, freedom is being taken away. Thanks to many Conservatives who many believe that government should enforce a moral, Christian code on every American. If these conservatives have their way, I wouldn't be surprised if my right to be free from religion, is taken away.

Sigh... I hate to imagine the day Mississippi is taken over by these conservatives. I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up being like countries like Iraq, where people are so backward, they don't even let women leave the house by themselves because of what an ancient book tells them.

Think Communism is bad? Sure, i won't have freedom. But atleast in communism, my mother will be able ot leave the house without having to have a male escort her. Or atleast my gay friend won't be executed on the spot.

@K, I'm not gonna bother arguing with you on this, because it's true, it is on what matters to the person. As for...

so because this is America means that the government should have to provide all your needs. if Mississippi is so bad it would seem as though they do not have the means to do so. so stop being lazy and do for yourself, there are many ways to get clean water if the government is unable to provide it.

perhaps those are the freedoms being taken from you by your conservative leaders. your state cannot take your freedom of religion, it is in the U.S. Constitution. a document that guarantees your freedoms written on the basis of christian morals. you are just making shit up, were do you see women being oppressed. you needlessly worry about your freedom of religion in Mississippi, while I am here in California worried for my life. in California we don't have the right to prevent ourselves from being murdered, no right to self defense.

that ancient book is the only reason you have any rights whatsoever, what other religions values guarantee your freedoms? and don't say atheism advocates freedom because atheism has no morals, your morals are based on our societies which come from christian morals.

you obviously don't understand much about Christianity if you that is your reasoning.

Islam forces women to be escorted, and Islam is just fucking evil. Satan worshipers all of them. you can not provide in evidence that women have been oppressed to such a scale in a christian culture. a christian would never kill anybody for there beliefs, sexual preferences, or anything like that. anyone who would do so is not christian regardless of what they claim. it directly violates the teachings of Christ.

you liberals are so misguided it is almost laughable. so let's see your response. if you are so intelligent then show me any evidence to support your misguided claims. I at least can provide evidence as I have previously shown. you have not given me a single piece of evidence, any actual info, or anything to support your argument. if you can not do that then you have absolutely no basis for your argument. all I see is you spewing the first bullshit, unsupported thoughts that pop into your head.

@1479070

excuse me then, what exactly then are the needs they are required to provide for you?

at no point did I whine about communism, I made a single reference to it's extreme leftist base by comparing California to it.

do you not understand what a reference is? answering a question with a question about a completley unrelated topic does nothing more than make you look like a jackass.

that was an act committed by an individual, not a government. an individual has no power to strip you of your religious freedom, for him to commit such an act is a hate crime.

unsupported rumors have no validity in a intellectual debate. THEY who guaranteed our rights on the basis that they were given to us by GOD. they protected our rights they did not give them to us.

"OH, and my family raised me Atheist. No religion at all. That means we have murdered, stolen, and even aborted babies right?" were did I say being an atheist makes you a bad person? I said that your morals come from a christian background.

"But I, a Liberal, is gonna be smart enough to say that misguidance is on both sides of the political spectrum." I bet you feel good about that statement don't you? such is a self evident truth.

@TheCatalyst Islam forces women to be escorted, and Islam is just fucking evil. Satan worshipers all of them. you can not...

so because this is America means that the government should have to provide all your needs. "
When did I say all my needs? Stop making shit up.

"it is in the U.S. Constitution. a document that guarantees your freedoms". I can say the same thing about the constitution being against communisism. However, that didn't stop you from whining about it. So why should it stop me?

"were do you see women being oppressed" I don't know, where do you see actual, full fledged communism happening in the "Kalifornia" like you whined about earlier?

"you needlessly worry about your freedom of religion in Mississippi, while I am here in California worried for my life."
Actually, a hick 2 months ago chased me off public sidewalk in front of his house when he saw my atheism pin on my backpack. What did he carry in his hand? A bible. And a sawed off rifle.
But of of course, who cares about my life? Yours is only important.

"don't say atheism advocates freedom because atheism has no morals" Lol, many of our founding fathers were rumored to be Atheist. If not, surely Secular. It was THEM who guaranteed our freedom from the dangerous religious fanatics in the 1700's.

Something tells me if we had religious fanatics writing the constitution, It would be nothing but "The lord says this, the lord says that".

OH, and my family raised me Atheist. No religion at all. That means we have murdered, stolen, and even aborted babies right? Wrong.
Wrong, again.

"you liberals are so misguided it is almost laughable. so let's see your response. if you are so intelligent then show me any evidence to support your misguided claims. I ..... can provide evidence as I have previously shown. you have not given me ........ support your argument. if you can not do that then you have absolutely no basis for your argument. all I see is you spewing the first bullshit, unsupported thoughts ......."

Hah. I can say the same thing about your exaggerated whining; We would be commies if the liberals had their way!!!!!; lol. Here's a fun fact, to talk about politics, you should know about politics. Most liberals don't want communism. That's why they're Liberals, not commies.
You seemed annoyed when I took Christianity the wrong way. Well, if you can make bull about Liberals, why can't I do the same for Christians? Tsk tsk.

Also, California is about as close to being Communist as China is close ot becoming capitalist.

You know what? I, a Liberal, is going to be smart and assume bull crap and people spewing bullshit happens on BOTH sides. Too bad you're to convoluted in "Perfect Conservatives" to do the same.

@Also, California is about as close to being Communist as China is close ot becoming capitalist. You know what? I...

I never said conservative ideals are perfect, no system of Ideals are perfect. and I am not even a full conservative, I'm conservative libertarian.

@TheCatalyst I never said conservative ideals are perfect, no system of Ideals are perfect. and I am not even a full...

Well, when you stop assuming that Liberalism in general will lead to communism, then I will stop assuming shit about Conservatives.

And what are your views that make you Libertarian?

@Well, when you stop assuming that Liberalism in general will lead to communism, then I will stop assuming shit...

I do not assume that liberalism will lead to communism, I just think that most of your ideals are poorly thought out and stupid in general. I suspect that were our liberal leaders in California to have their way, then we would live in essentially the equivalent form of government to say the USSR just without the extreme militarism.

I don't believe that the government should have the power to restrict your personal freedoms. whether they be religion, sexual preference, right to bear arms, etc. the government does not have the right to restrict the personal freedoms of it's citizens. the people are above the government and we control their power, we are above them.

@TheCatalyst I do not assume that liberalism will lead to communism, I just think that most of your ideals are poorly thought...

"I just think that most of your ideals are poorly thought out and stupid in general."
Tell that to Canada, and the UK. Both countries WAY more Liberal. Guess what?: Atleast half of Canada's members of Parliament are more Liberal than U.S' Liberals. Obama is more conservative than the majority of Canada's Conservatives! Clearly, if your logic is correct, these countries wouldn't survived as long, would they? Yet they have been doing quite well.

To say that Liberal ideals are poorly thought out and stupid in general is.. well.. stupid.

Cuz If Liberalism is stupid, then Conservatism is the right way, logically. Yet somehow, if America was all Conservative and no Liberals, that wouldn't work out either.

Even you think that, since you're not even fully Conservative. You're Libertarian. You believe in personal freedom. If it weren't for Liberals, you wouldn't have much personal freedom.
That's what Libertarians are; Socially Liberal, Fiscally Conservative
Conservatism ensures monetary freedom, yes. But not mush for civil liberties(except for guns). You should stop assuming one side is stupid and poorly thought out if you require that side to keep much of your civil freedoms alive.

@"I just think that most of your ideals are poorly thought out and stupid in general." Tell that to Canada, and the...

personally I consider Canada and the UK to be horrible places to live.

I agree that politics is a balancing act, of course there is stupid shit conservatives want, plenty of it. but in my opinion liberals have very stupid ideals.

there are plenty of of liberals who would love to strip us of our freedoms, two of the notable freedoms they would wish stripped would be the 1st and 2nd amendments. I have had many liberals tell me things like "you should not have the right to think it's wrong" or "Christianity should be banned" or even "speaking against the government is treason". it seems to me that any one who speaks of stripping amendments from the Bill of Rights isn't too supportive of civil liberties. I've even talked to one liberal who says that martial law is an effective way for the government to deal with our crime problems.

@TheCatalyst personally I consider Canada and the UK to be horrible places to live. I agree that politics is a balancing act...

You've lived in Canada and the UK?
And you've personally seen the two countries turn into "the equivalent form of government to say the USSR just without the extreme militarism." Wow, can't believe everyone else missed that transformation.
You would think that I, a person who has spent the last 6 years living here(Istill go back to Mississippi sometimes), would see that happening in my own country.

What you explained of Liberals can happen. However, they do not outweigh the rest of us. At the end of the day, the number of Liberals who believe in general personally freedom, overwhelmingly outweigh the Liberals you speak of, and conservatives. So I still consider Liberalism is a more trusting place for civil liberties than Conservatism.

Some conservatives want a government mandate that taxpayer's funds MUST go into the funds of churches, whether people like it or not. Does that mean conservatism will no longer keep the government out of our money?

Oh, and btw? "a christian would never kill anybody for there beliefs, sexual preferences, or anything like that."

Two words: The Crusades.

Seems like I'm not the only one that doesn't understand Christianity, or it's past.

@You've lived in Canada and the UK? And you've personally seen the two countries turn into "the equivalent form of...

how very typical of an argument, do not attempt to twist my words and quote me out of context fool. "liberal leaders ((((((in California)))))) to have their way, then we would live in essentially the equivalent form of government to say the USSR just without the extreme militarism. "
hopefully you can see the key words.

yes personal freedom, when it comes to your beliefs. but when someone challenges those beliefs then then they do not have that right, typical liberal hypocrisy.

liberals want to force priests to marry homosexuals, liberals don't want me to defend my life from a murderer, liberals don't want me to speak my mind if it challenges their views. what happened to supporting personal freedoms?

once again you misquote me. "a christian would never kill anybody for there beliefs, sexual preferences, or anything like that. anyone who would do so is not christian regardless of what they claim. it directly violates the teachings of Christ." have you not heard the words of Christ? he who is without sin cast the first stone. the Roman Catholic churches crusade was not a religious war it was political.

seems as though your the only person in this conversation though.

@TheCatalyst how very typical of an argument, do not attempt to twist my words and quote me out of context fool. "liberal...

Are you an idiot? Your whole argument was that your leaders in California would lead to communism. You never gave any reasons why, except that they were LIBERAL. Liberalism doesn't discriminate as in, what straight up Liberalism happens in one area, will happen in another area. I already pointed out that Canada and the UK were more Liberal that any of you "Liberal" politicians. So therefor, if you were smart, and had logic, Canada and the UK would have "the equivalent form of government to say the USSR just without the extreme militarism".
Don't underestimate me fool, it was obvious what you were trying to do, assuming that one thing would definitely lead to another.
However when I disproved that by showing you that it's possible it won't lead to what you're saying, you pull the "that's not what I mean"

I misquoted you? I copy and pasted exactly what you said. My computer may have chosen to pick and choose words, but I doubt it has a vendetta against you.
Nah, it was to point out your pathetic excuse; you don't like what they did so therefor Christianity wasn't involved in it. Yes it was political, politically funded by extreme Christians. Politically motivated by religion.

That's as stupid as me saying "a Liberal told you that you couldn't be Christian? Well, that can't be true: Liberals are for equality. So any person who says that is not a Liberal". Stupid, stupid, counter arguments.

"liberals want to force priests to marry homosexuals" Force? No, idiot, get your shit right. Liberals in general want to allow. Check a dictionary: to allow does nto mean to force. Damn, and I'm the one geting key words mixed up? Nah, you're obviously spewing bullcrap.

"liberals don't want me to defend my life from a murderer," Agai, typical right wing bull crap. Liberals don't want you to have guns. Gee, I didn't know that guns were the ONLY way to defend yourself. Gun rights may be important, but don't try to waste my time by making extremes of everything. Want me to assume "Conservatives are against universal healthcare. So that means they want poor people to die"? No? Then stop doing what I just did. It's getting annoying.

"Liberals don't want me to speak my mind if it challenges their views." Great, so a few Liberals told you you wren't allowed to speak. So now they speak for Liberals in general?
Finally, I can assume that since I know of a few conservatives who are against gay rights, that means EVERY conservative is homophobic, right? Which means you, a partial conservative, is probably homophobic. Right?
**Sigh..

Noticed how i just ripped that whole bit? Shows just how weak your arguments are.

@"Liberals don't want me to speak my mind if it challenges their views." Great, so a few Liberals told you you...

you know what? I'm just not going to bother with this argument anymore. at this point it is no more than than the same arguments back and forth. neither of us will accept the others arguments, therefore it is senseless to continue. I bid you good day sir.

@TheCatalyst you know what? I'm just not going to bother with this argument anymore. at this point it is no more than than the...

It's not the same argument back and forth.

You keep saying crappy points, and I keep effectively counter arguing them to the point where you never mention them again.

Good day to you too, sir.

Anonymous