-7

Trying to brainstorm things you would do as an all-powerful being, besides create humanity, is near impossible, amirite?

Dystopias avatar
0 12
The voters have decided that Dystopia is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

First off, I would put little bodies of salt water everywhere so that there can be beaches wherever you go, even if you're in the middle of a continent.
Second, I would make yummy food available to all (so that everyone can know the goodness of a hot pocket).
Third, I would make it so that every illegal download payed a portion to artists so that illegal downloading can become legal and still remain free (through advertising).
Fourth, I would make humans evolve into these forever adolescent beings so that they can experience the constant hunger, horniness, and roller coaster of emotions that goes with being a teenager.
Last, but not least, I would then drop off the face of the earth, leaving behind just a trace of who I am to make the humans wonder who and what did all these wonderful things I just mentioned.

@Dystopia All of those deal with humanity in some aspect.

Eh. I'll build on top of what has already been created.

@NoRestForTheWicked Eh. I'll build on top of what has already been created.

I should have worded this post better. It's supposed to put you in the position of a god with complete nothingness around you. You can do anything your all-powerful mind can think of; the possibilities are infinite. What would you do, besides create humanity?

I find it impossible to fathom doing anything else.

Dystopias avatar Dystopia Yeah You Are 0Reply
@BillyMaysHere A room full of pickles and music. No people, just pickles, and music. :)

But how would pickles be created without humans? Cucumbers are dropped off of the vine into acidic soil and ripen to pickles? And also, music is a distinctly human thing.

@Dystopia I should have worded this post better. It's supposed to put you in the position of a god with complete nothingness...

You could create another species. Or perhaps, you could create a planet much like Venus or like Saturn or Jupiter and wreak havoc upon the surface of the planet, until you eventually grow old and you decide to not rage on your creation and instead create peace, with creatures evolving from the tiniest bacteria into their own species.

@NoRestForTheWicked You could create another species. Or perhaps, you could create a planet much like Venus or like Saturn or Jupiter...

I'm using a loose definition of "humanity." I am not referring to homo sapiens, I'm referring to beings of any sort. There has to be something you could as an all-powerful god other than create...stuff. I think I'm going insane.

@Dystopia I'm using a loose definition of "humanity." I am not referring to homo sapiens, I'm referring to beings of any...

Ahh, very loose definition of humanity. But technically, humans are in fact only of the genus "homo". And by stuff, do you mean planets and life? Of course there are other things you could do. You are only limited by the power of your imagination. And indeed, so it seems.

If I had the power to create something so grand, then they would just be pickles, never cucumbers. Also, you can make music from everything, you don't need humans for music. Especially if you have god-like powers to do whatever you wanted.

@BillyMaysHere If I had the power to create something so grand, then they would just be pickles, never cucumbers. Also, you can...

But your thinking is being clouded by your humanity. It is a proven scientific fact that we invented music. It is possible, I suppose, that as an all powerful being you could come up with the concept of music all by yourself, but it is also an extremely human-like thing to do.