+318

You hate when a teacher puts on your paper that you got 18 out of 30 right, or something like that. You want to know the PERCENTAGE and the GRADE, amirite?

jykjlw2s avatar
5 41
The voters have decided that jykjlw2 is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

You did shitty it doesn't matter.

@CatMan You did shitty it doesn't matter.

That wasn't a real grade. -_- It was just a random example. I didn't even realize it would be that bad of a grade when I chose the numbers.

jykjlw2s avatar jykjlw2 Yeah You Are -2Reply

OHMYGOD there's no percentage! I have to use simple mental math!

Just do the number correct divided by the total number of problems and then you get your percentage.

Shuns avatar Shun No Way +14Reply
@Shun Just do the number correct divided by the total number of problems and then you get your percentage.

Yeah, ideally that would work but sometimes teachers don't even grade on a sensical system.
Like, some teachers don't allow you to get anything below a fifty, so your name and crap counts for points that you would never know how to factor in. They grade arbitrarily.

Shugahs avatar Shugah Yeah You Are +1Reply
@1470020

Literally, eh? I thought it would be sarcastically.

It's called using a calculator.

There's this wonderful invention called a calculator. You should check it out - if it's not too advanced technologically for you, that is.

lets dumb it down to grade 7, shall we?

(18/3)/(30/3)
6/10
.6

names avatar name No Way +4Reply

OP is dumb.

@pikabeau OP is dumb.

I'm not dumb. I've been a straight A student since kindergarten and I'm a freshman now. I'm smart and I work hard to get my good grades. And right about now I really wish this was like YouTube so I could disable the comments from this post! All I have left to say is that you can say whatever you want about the post-why should i care? It got homepaged.- or how I can't do mental math-why should I care? I don't know any of you people-but I'm out.

@jykjlw2 I'm not dumb. I've been a straight A student since kindergarten and I'm a freshman now. I'm smart and I work hard...

Please don't tell us your grades to prove how smart you are. it makes you lose all credibility.

rilaras avatar rilara No Way +2Reply
@rilara Please don't tell us your grades to prove how smart you are. it makes you lose all credibility.

The best part is she has
I do well in school. (straight A's) :D
On her profile description. WAT.

if youre so smart why cant to do mental math easily? smart people arent people who can simply push buttons into a calculator that displays the answer for you. smart people are the ones who challenge themselves, and dont use the calculator

names avatar name No Way +1Reply
@name if youre so smart why cant to do mental math easily? smart people arent people who can simply push buttons into a...

I don't know why I can't do mental math I have to write stuff out so if u gave me a pencil and paper and no calculator I would get it done faster than doing it mentally!

jykjlw2s avatar jykjlw2 Yeah You Are -1Reply

It seems like everyone on the internet is that smart kid who gets straight As.

If you were really smart you could do simple division. I wasn't even allowed to use a calculator in my math classes until high school.

@jykjlw2 I am in highschool.

So you passed the grades that wouldn't let you use a calculator and just forgot how to function without one?

About 60%? I don't know I'm just guessing

@OnePenguin About 60%? I don't know I'm just guessing

Exactly, I believe. It's easy to take 1/10 of the total and approximate it from there.

yeah i have noo idea. i'm fine if they would put the percentage next to it, but usually..they don't. sigh

jykjlw2s avatar jykjlw2 Yeah You Are +1Reply

The whole point of this post is to say that I think it would be simpler if the teacher put the percentage and grade next to the whatever out of whatever because they know it anyways. I don't like mental math and I'm not very good at it . And the calculator isn't too advanced technology for me. Sorry if I'm just a little lazy. Jeesh..

jykjlw2s avatar jykjlw2 Yeah You Are 0Reply
@jykjlw2 The whole point of this post is to say that I think it would be simpler if the teacher put the percentage and grade...

The teacher is paid to teach you. They are not paid to pretty everything up to your exact standards.

You can calculate the percentage yourself..
For the grade, if it goes by A, B, C's you can also pretty much figure that out yourself..

Poor niner, just do the math for your mark and you will realize why these things frustrate you

All you need to do is 18/30. You can even do it on a calculator. Figuring out the grade from the percentage shouldn't be that hard either.

YESYESYESYESYESYESTHANKYO!THANKYOU!YESYES!!
PPPLLLEEAAASSSEEE TELL MY PHYSICS TEACHER THIS!! 17 OUT OF 31 mY aZZ!!

idk if people will get notifications who commented on this, but i'm reading this literally like five years later and i'm laughing. one: y'all were mean. two: i was being such a baby lmao. three: i had over 300 people agree with me so bye. still getting good grades, and i just finished my sophomore year of college so fuck you guys lolol reading back on this gave me a good laugh though, especially the person who said "OP is dumb"

I actually knew that because like every single one of my teachers tells us that when we ask our percentage..It's just that I usually don't have a calculator on me during Spanish! haha and I'm really not sure on the whole dividing and getting a decimal type thing without a calculator.

@BetterThanEzra1119 Bleh. Too much math.

No, too much math would have been 18/(30/100)
30/10 and 3*6 is pretty common sense...

@ProudMary No, too much math would have been 18/(30/100) 30/10 and 3*6 is pretty common sense...

Math is math. I was never good at it. My friends joke around that I'm dyscalculic.

And when I have a calculator I do the stupid divide the top and bottom numbers!