+28

If god says that having a decent sized family and being married is so important then why did he send Jesus Christ, an only child, that comes from a single, poverty stricken mother, to send the message? amirite?

ADSaarons avatar
2 25
The voters have decided that ADSaaron is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Jesus wasn't an only child and Mary wasn't single or poverty stricken.

Jesus had a brother James. It's very unlikely that Mary was poverty stricken because Joseph came from the David family which was very prestigious.

@SpearmintMilk Oh yeah and Mary obviously wasn't single because she was with Joseph.

She obviously wasn't a virgin because you have to have SEX to have a kid.

@She obviously wasn't a virgin because you have to have SEX to have a kid.

And it's impossible to turn water into wine in only a few minutes, and people can't come back to life.
This is God we're talking about. He can do whatever he wants.

@personThingy And it's impossible to turn water into wine in only a few minutes, and people can't come back to life. This is God...

Then please if your God is so powerful, can you let him stop world poverty and hunger? Why does your God never listen to the prayers of most Africans and just lets them die? What a son of a bitch.

Let your God kill me now if he wants to prove his existence.

@Then please if your God is so powerful, can you let him stop world poverty and hunger? Why does your God never...

God doesn't want to kill you right now. He's God, don't tell him what to do.
He created us, and he will kill us when he decides to. If he wanted us to live perfect lives with no challenges of any sort, he would have done that originally. He knows what he wants the universe to be, and some atheist anon telling him to change everything will have very little effect.

@personThingy God doesn't want to kill you right now. He's God, don't tell him what to do. He created us, and he will kill us...

Uhh yeah, there are hundreds of thousands of prayers daily and billions in total to eradicate world hunger and poverty and also prayers for your God to start giving a shit about the African continent. They never work. He obviously hates everyone.

@Uhh yeah, there are hundreds of thousands of prayers daily and billions in total to eradicate world hunger and...

God doesn't take orders. He knows what he is doing. He created Heaven to be perfect. This isn't Heaven, there are going to be challenges.
And don't say he hates everyone: we can't assume you can read the mind of an omnipotent being with an IQ of infinity.

@personThingy God doesn't take orders. He knows what he is doing. He created Heaven to be perfect. This isn't Heaven, there are...

But if billions of his people pray for one thing, why can't he grant that? Now tell me he has better stuff to do? Like what, as he is omnipotent and male he'd rather peek at women's bodies and breasts than do some fucking work?

@But if billions of his people pray for one thing, why can't he grant that? Now tell me he has better stuff to do?...

He created women, he knows what everyone's breasts look like.
As for the work, it would take no effort on his part either way. He created all of us. Be a bit more grateful.

@personThingy He created women, he knows what everyone's breasts look like. As for the work, it would take no effort on his part...

I'd be grateful if he actually did stuff.
I actually used to be a Catholic until I was about 15 and I saw the light... of atheism because religion and especially the Catholic church is a load of bullshit.
Anyway, I'm leaving so have a good day.

@I'd be grateful if he actually did stuff. I actually used to be a Catholic until I was about 15 and I saw the...

You have yet to explain what's so bullshit about it.
Stubborn, discriminating atheists are just as bad as stubborn, discriminating religious people. Why can't there be more people who respect each other's beliefs?
Once again, he created you. If you're not grateful that he made you exist, then please kill yourself.

@jordanhefner I was with you in that argument until you took it too far.

Okay, maybe I could have worded that last sentence so I sounded like less of an asshole, but overall I'm still right.

Have you ever played The Sims? More importantly, have you ever killed a Sim? Anyone see what I'm getting at here?

Have you actually ever read the bible?

The bible never specifies the size of family God wants you to have. However in 1 Corinthians Paul recommends that you stay single so that you can have a closer relationship with Him without family distractions.

God_Almighty, you are hereby summoned to present your case and settle this dispute.

When did he say that?

Mary had loads more children.

I think that Mary was a whore who got pregnant from someone other than Joseph so she said she was still a virgin so she wouldn't suffer the conseguences for adultery at the time. And thus, people began to believe that Jesus was "God's" son.