+142

When the United States firebombed Dresden in WWII, that killed more people than the nukes we dropped on Japan. Why does no one even know about Dresden, amirite?

AtheisticMystics avatar
6 12
The voters have decided that AtheisticMystic is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.
@1499784

I thought it was cause the bombs not only killed but also caused radiation sickness, and made that area unlivable for quite some time

I only knew of Dresden because those weird Prussian Blue kids have a little sister called Dresden and I was like "ooh what a pretty name lets look that up", looked it up and felt awful for the night.

@1499786

Reading it now, actually.

AtheisticMystics avatar AtheisticMystic Yeah You Are +3Reply

The reason Japan atom banning was a bugger deal is because more civilians were killed. Dresden was a justified military operation that bombed nazi warehouses. A very insignificant amount of civilians died compared to Hiroshima or nagasaki

I've never even heard of this, and I have quite an interest in history.

TO THE INTERNET!!!

Chipss avatar Chips Yeah You Are +1Reply

Japans Atom-bombing is popular because of the ammount of deaths, its because how much destruction those bombs made.

Ethans avatar Ethan Yeah You Are 0Reply
Anonymous