+21

no Steve Carell = no Office, amirite?

AnyOfTheAboves avatar
0 7
The voters have decided that AnyOfTheAbove is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I don't know. I was starting to get sick of being embarassed over Michael, so..

@I don't know. I was starting to get sick of being embarassed over Michael, so..

I can agree, but it's hard to continue a show without the frontman, you know? Like how journey dropped Steve perry.

AnyOfTheAboves avatar AnyOfTheAbove Yeah You Are +3Reply

Meh.
Ed Helms is doing fine; I could totally picture some of his lines being said by Steve Carrel in that exact tone.
The California feel good message thing over the end is awful, as well as the "let's make Andy feel better!" thing.

@AnyOfTheAbove So he's fine, but it sucks. That sounds a bit contradictory

Yeah. He's doing fine, and not having Steve Carell is fine, but the other areas of the show are screwing it up, which was already starting to happen even with Carell.

@Ram27 Yeah. He's doing fine, and not having Steve Carell is fine, but the other areas of the show are screwing it up...

Agreed. Show shod have ended when it was ahead. I'll be depressed when the Office loses all of it's initial luster and goes off-air without anyone even caring. :(

AnyOfTheAboves avatar AnyOfTheAbove Yeah You Are +2Reply
@AnyOfTheAbove Agreed. Show shod have ended when it was ahead. I'll be depressed when the Office loses all of it's initial luster...

In hindsight, ending with the Goodbye Michael episode would have been best. Respectfully end it, and rape and torture and kill that fucking cake scene.
And the thing with having a new manager is that they developed a sense of caring and such for Michael over seven seasons, and with Andy, you don't...feel like caring as much. The individual episodes are okay, but the show has definitely lost a lot of its good feelings.