+116

when you walk by a person smoking you cough to show the person how gross and unhealthy smoking/second hnd smoking is. amirite?

3 15

Being a smoker,and having had this done to me many times, i just want to say stop please. we know it's bad, but it's our decision. i try hard to avoid other people with my smoke as much as possible, and having someone do that just makes them seem rude.

@Being a smoker,and having had this done to me many times, i just want to say stop please. we know it's bad, but...

Sorry but it's out of reflex of the smoke entering my lungs. I can't help it because it hurts. You must remember the first time you inhaled? The agitation it caused? Yeah, that's how we feel when we walk by.

I agree with gregdabunny on this one. Its our decision and a lot of us do try and avoid non smokers.

Yeah, GregDaBunny is right. It seems rude to do it. Most smokers aren't purposely trying to blow smoke in your face. Just avoid whoever you see smoking.

@hedgehog Yeah, GregDaBunny is right. It seems rude to do it. Most smokers aren't purposely trying to blow smoke in your...

"Just avoid whoever you see smoking."
LAUGH OUT LOUD!!!!!
Then kindly keep your smoke within the radius of your own lungs and don't have it blow 30 feet away from you.
Why should I have to cross the street because you attempt to fumigate people within a 50 foot circle? It's your bad habit and maybe you should take into consideration the others you infect.

@"Just avoid whoever you see smoking." LAUGH OUT LOUD!!!!! Then kindly keep your smoke within the radius of your own...

Then I'd suggest a gas mask. You do know how many toxins are in the "pure" air around you? If you're so concerned about it to cross the street.. don't breathe air. It could kill you, you know. And if that's the case, I'd also avoid rain and tap water. Never know what's in it.

@Then I'd suggest a gas mask. You do know how many toxins are in the "pure" air around you? If you're so concerned...

That's real good. Heil! So now you are better than the rest of the world? Now it's everyones elses fault you smoke? Nice stand trying to turn the argument over to other things. The fact still remains you are the one who chooses to light up and impurify the air. So now it's other peoples fault. You damn nazi.

@That's real good. Heil! So now you are better than the rest of the world? Now it's everyones elses fault you smoke?...

I don't think they indicated at all that it was anyone else's fault they smoked. Rather, that the effort to "cross the street" is a bit extreme when there's so many other things in the world that can cause you more harm.

All non-smokers need to consider the fact that it is an ADDICTION!! Just cause you feel the need to point out that you are somehow superiour and wouldn't die or get sick from any other reason than someone smoking withing 20m of you doesn't mean you should. It is very rude. Leave them to their lives. If you're walking down the street anyway the cars driving past are causing just as much damage to you. Don't be so stupid.

@All non-smokers need to consider the fact that it is an ADDICTION!! Just cause you feel the need to point out that...

Stop global warming but it's ok to breathe your damn smoke? Now who is rude. It's bad enough talking to you when you reek of smoke. Your breath and your clothes. Then you try to cover it up with perfumes. It's like those fresheners in a bathroom. It just smells like cherry crap. That's you my friend.
As far as being stupid I'm not the one putting nicotine straight into my lungs. Don't be an idiot.

Um... Isn't it kinda natural to cough when walking past someone smoking?
I never cough so show the smoker it's gross. I cough cause of the smoke itself.

I only do that when the smoker isn't even trying to avoid me with the smoke, i even add the eyeballing to the coughing and choking, but some people really do try, and it's hard for them to get off it, so I have to say that i agree with GregDaBunny and Candy but only when the smokers are actually trying not get the smoke in other people's faces

Pulchers avatar Pulcher Yeah You Are 0Reply

OMG i do this all the time! every time a walk past a homely lookin smoker (like my next door neigboor) I pretend that I am choking and cough a bunch of times! im glad to know that im not the only crazy one who does that.