+220

You think school is boring and you want to drop out? You ain't seen nothing yet. Wait till you're stuck in a boring dead end job and "dropping out" is not an option unless you want to have fun living in the street. amirite?

Vlisss avatar Education
5 2
The voters have decided that Vliss is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

College isn't necessary for everyone. I never finished, I have a great job, no student loans and make more than my friends coming out of school now. Most couldn't even find jobs, those who could make about $10 an hour and have come to realize their degree is completely useless. Sure, you love art, theater or english, but minor in it, because 99% of the time you won't be good enough or lucky enough to make a living doing it. Fact is, most college grads wind up in dead end jobs they hate too.

@College isn't necessary for everyone. I never finished, I have a great job, no student loans and make more than my...

You are the exception to the rule. You need to understand that the vast majority of the population will never have your luck, especially in this economy and in the era of globalization where there are more qualified people willing to do your job for much less pay in other countries. Also, your estimate is way off regarding the college grad job and pay prospects:

http://www.bls.gov/emp/ep_chart_001.htm

Vlisss avatar Vliss Yeah You Are 0Reply