+176

The reason why so many girls dress slutty is because we have Barbies, Bratz, and My Scene dolls for examples of how we should dress.. amirite?

roughgirl3s avatar
1 13
The voters have decided that roughgirl3 is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

yeah, "I totally want to buy that very small dress that looks like a belt because it looks like something Barbie would wear :D"

annies avatar annie No Way +9Reply

I played with Bratz, Barbies, and Polly Pocket and I don't dress slutty. Generally. But seriously, that's like saying every kid who plays with Hot Wheels is gonna be a NASCAR driver.

there's a reason that those products were/are dressed like that--it was in fashion before Bratz or anything akin was. the reason is a vaster, societal image projected onto these girls, and the dolls they play with are mere, small, tangible results of these much larger societal standards.

lovelys avatar lovely No Way +8Reply

I think you're just looking for someone to blame.

That's probably the same reason we have THESE posts on the homepage: because that is all you see on the homepage now.

Shadis avatar Shadi No Way +7Reply

do you still have them as teenagers?

Evan17s avatar Evan17 No Way +7Reply
@1254409

what?
well i was influenced when i was little, until I gained enough knowledge to understand how stuff liked that worked

Evan17s avatar Evan17 No Way +2Reply

You don't do it to look like dolls, you do it to look like cheap whores. And you're doing it right. If you dress like a slut because of dolls, you are pants on head retarded

...No.
1.You have it backwards. The reason we have dolls dressed up in skimpy outfits is because teenage girls wear it. Dolls aren't exactly trendsetters.
2.The only barbie outfit's I ever wanted were her princess dresses
3.I think friends and celebrities are bigger influences.

the reason why so many girls dress slutty is because their parents cant teach them acceptable from unacceptable. i happen to like barbie's and the bratz' clothes, but that doesnt mean i want to wear them.

@brunetterox915 the reason why so many girls dress slutty is because their parents cant teach them acceptable from unacceptable. i...

I read the last part "I happen to like barbie's and the bratz', but that doesn't mean I want to wear them."
And then visions of a barbie/bratz doll, plastic dress came into my head. lmfaoo

... cool story bro. :)

Lexiis avatar Lexii No Way 0Reply

What teenager plays with dolls?