+405

women dont want equality. women want to be treated like a woman and paid like a man, amirite?

16 19

Actually, I think it's more like 'be treated like an individual and be paid properly and fairly for the amount of work they do'.

But what would I know?

Of course women want to be treated like women.

The problem comes from the fact that the male standard is still considered to be better.

Equality means that women will be treated like women and that their standards will be equal to the standards of men. Different, but equal.

Women want to be successful without people thinking they're bitches. There have been studies that there was a positive correlation between success and likeability in men, but a negative one for women.

http://www.ted.com/talks/sheryl...n_leaders.html

Standards should be set for everyone. Like the other day my friend was saying how firefighters have to lift heavy axes and what not. A woman shouldn't be allowed to be firefighter if she is not strong enough to do the job, and nor should a man if he doesn't meet those same standards. People make too big of a deal about this whole "women should be equal" blahblahblah. We pretty much are equal, its just a fact that women can't do everything a man can, and men can't do everything a woman can. Simple as that.

ImaDorks avatar ImaDork Yeah You Are +10Reply
@ImaDork Standards should be set for everyone. Like the other day my friend was saying how firefighters have to lift heavy...

You need upper body strength to be a firefighter, you do not need a penis. There are very very few things that men can do that women cannot.

@fEMMAnist You need upper body strength to be a firefighter, you do not need a penis. There are very very few things that men...

But there are obvious physiological differences between males and females. Generally, most men are stronger than most women. Its simply true. The person is only saying that if she happens not to be strong enough to be a firefighter, she should not be allowed to - on the basis that she is not qualified, not her gender.

Penis model, pee distance contest, and pee target contest; I don't think there's much more important in life. What's stupid is when professions like fire fighters have a woman worker quota that they have to fill out so men superior to woman in the job description get bumped out because of things like "2 in every 10 people employed must be female." it's ridiculous.

@John_MacTavish Penis model, pee distance contest, and pee target contest; I don't think there's much more important in life...

I agree with you. I don't believe in quotas either. They don't help anyone and they just mess things up. I say give the jobs to the people most qualified to do them and eventually the male to female ratio for most jobs will balance itself out on it's own.

Wanting to be treated the same as men in a workplace is not the same as wanting to be treated the same as men in general.

If I do the same exact work as my male coworker, is there any logical reason that I shouldn't be paid the same?

I think that society is shaped for men and women not to be the same. Obviously I am completely against degrading women, but it is still true that men are supposed to support their women, as well as themselves.
My point is, women are lovely, but we can't have everyone being treated asexually. Women have roles in life as do men.
imo

BobWilsons avatar BobWilson Yeah You Are +7Reply
@fEMMAnist And what, pray tell, are women's proper roles in society?

Having babies for one. I think women are irreplaceable in that feminine touch they give everything, it's just not the same when a man does a woman's job and vice versa.

BobWilsons avatar BobWilson Yeah You Are +2Reply

At first I thought it was a feminist statement about how equality is not about there being no genders so much as both genders being accepted whilst allowing equal pay and opportunity.

Then I read the comments and realized that this is shit.

@1546804

Haha! Right now? Your living in the kitchen and being degraded now? Or try you have 5 advertisements an hour just to say how independent and strong women are and how they can't be treated poorly. Or the fact that now a days 73 % of women or being paid on par with men regardless of gender but as much as 82% still think men should pay for first dates, 14% think that men should pay for everything in the relationship without question. Society is getting pretty damn optimal for women lately. I think you meant to say 60 years ago

@John_MacTavish Haha! Right now? Your living in the kitchen and being degraded now? Or try you have 5 advertisements an hour just...

Sure, but there is also the fact that successful women are unlikely to get a man, as men feel intimidated. Not to mention, many families, such as mine, still encourage the old gender roles, and force it down our throats. True, the whole paying thing is unfair, and needs to be changed, but that doesn't mean that equality has been reached for women.

Completely True. . . Ive worked with toooo many women Who want the same treatment and pay, But ONLY want the easy jobs, Take liberty's they havent earned and are consistantly lazy. . . not saying all women do this, but its more often than not. . . .

SpidermanRun1s avatar SpidermanRun1 Yeah You Are -11Reply