+206

My mother told me one day that my shoes (TOMS) looked "dumb" and "absolutely ridiculous". I don't think the poor, needy, impoverished child in Africa I donated a pair to seemed to think so, amirite?

OCDpantsjons avatar
2 13
The voters have decided that OCDpantsjon is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Way to just pat yourself on the back. It doesn't really count as charity if you run around going, look at me! I'm charitable!

@Way to just pat yourself on the back. It doesn't really count as charity if you run around going, look at me! I'm...

You're right, and I'm not. I just made an amirite post about my opinion. After all, isn't that the purpose of this site?

OCDpantsjons avatar OCDpantsjon Yeah You Are +1Reply

People buy them to look cool and feel better about spending an assload of money because it goes to charity.

Or you could just buy some cheaper shoes and donate the money to needy african children yourself?

@OCDpantsjon Which is why I agreed.

I thought it would be polite to reply, being left hanging isn't fun.

@beckalecky I thought it would be polite to reply, being left hanging isn't fun.

Ok, I gotcha. Well, I appreciate the thoughtfulness :)

OCDpantsjons avatar OCDpantsjon Yeah You Are 0Reply

Being for a good cause doesn't make a look any better. A good guy who helps deaf kids and volunteers all day could still be butt ugly.

@1548979

Actually, toms are probably the most comfortable shoes ive ever owned

ghanygirl0120s avatar ghanygirl0120 Yeah You Are +1Reply

I think toms are cute, they're not for everyone but if you like them that's all that really matters. And the pair that goes to a kid in need is also a plus.

KateJoseph28s avatar KateJoseph28 Yeah You Are +4Reply