+366

Vegetarians are perfectly fine until they start trying to convince you to be one too, amirite?

Exploding_Chickenss avatar
0 19
The voters have decided that Exploding_Chickens is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

It goes both ways. I'm vegetarian, and I've had people ask me why I am one (of course I have no problem telling them) but then they don't quite buy my reason and so they go on to tell me why I should eat meat. I feel like saying, don't you think I weighed up all my reasons to give up meat long ago? I've been a vegetarian for 5 years, I'm pretty sure I've had some time to think about it - you don't need to convince me otherwise.

End rant.

@dini190 It goes both ways. I'm vegetarian, and I've had people ask me why I am one (of course I have no problem telling...

Same, I'm a vegetarian, and I have never preached to a non-vegetarian (only told them the reasons if they've asked), but most of the time when I mention that I am to someone I get a lecture on why I should eat meat or told I'm an idiot. I'm more than aware how to balance my diet without meat in it and it's my choice, it's extremely annoying being judged.

See, I'm perfectly fine that you're a vegetarian. It doesn't really matter, but I think it's ridiculous how some others thinking eating only vegetables or only meat is supposedly better than the other...

@Exploding_Chickens See, I'm perfectly fine that you're a vegetarian. It doesn't really matter, but I think it's ridiculous how some...

Yeah, it's a personal choice. I think it's good to acknowledge the other side of the argument and question your own beliefs but at the end of the day I'll choose the option I am more comfortable with. Once you reach that point of "this is my decision" I think it's important that people should leave you alone about it.

Omnivore. That is all

I'm a vegetarian of two years and I agree with this post. I feel like we've gotten a bad rep because of people who go way over-the-top in trying to convince others to become a vegetarian, too. I just let people eat what they please, because that's what I'm doing as well. There's no need to try and convince someone else unless they directly ask you the reasons why it's good to be vegetarian.

mmadalynns avatar mmadalynn Yeah You Are +4Reply
@1554329

That's what I meant. I mean, sure, I've given it consideration, but I really don't want to deal with how "inhumane" it is...

Then again, haven't humans always hunted?

@1554337

it's true that animals eat other animals in the wild. However, that's because they need them to survive. Other plants, grass, fruit, ect. don't have the nutrients that they need to survive. So they have to eat other animals. But humans don't. We can get alon perfectly fine without eating other animals. We can still be healthy. I'm not trying to start a big argument, I'm just saying.

@fieldhockeychick77 it's true that animals eat other animals in the wild. However, that's because they need them to survive. Other...

But not every human in the world has access to all types of nutritional food, or even food at all in some cases. Many people in the world have to eat what they can forge. I'm not trying to argue either, but I'm curious. Do you think those people are wrong for eating what they hunt?

@Cuban_B But not every human in the world has access to all types of nutritional food, or even food at all in some cases...

Well I wouldnt make a judgment on somebody's choices not knowing enough detail, or the exact situation. I myself would choose not to, because I think that life is life, and that there is no difference between a deer and human's life, they both are equally important. So kill to live isn't right in my eyes. But if somebody did it, I would understand, I guess. Does that make sense?

@fieldhockeychick77 Well I wouldnt make a judgment on somebody's choices not knowing enough detail, or the exact situation. I myself...

Omg... My eyes are open! Deer and humans are they same! They're both life! Everybody! We should eat people too!!!

Replace vegetarian with Christians and this post will be in the middle of a shitstorm.

We won the food chain for the most part so we should eat what we want. Although that counts for hunting, not mass production and slaughter of animals who spend their entire life inside a factory, that's a bit of a low blow. Should given all those chickens razors on their talons and the workers can fight them in hand to hand combat to earn the right to send them to my grocery store.

I watch alot of science shows and we only evolved our brains the way we did threw the protiens in the meat according to one of the shows. With this in mind i feel we should keep eaing meat as long as its not in excess it could help us more who knows. GO MEAT!!!