+603

Easy way to escape math class: divide by zero, then sneak out through the wormhole it creates, amirite?

85 32

Stu Stu Stu........ you made that post sitting next to me. What am i going to do with you?

Mr_Abhis avatar Mr_Abhi Yeah You Are 0Reply

If you divide by zero it equals infinity. You learn that in calc.

@If you divide by zero it equals infinity. You learn that in calc.

wrong, it's undefined. For instance, divide zero by zero, should = infinity? But it also = one? You cannot define it

@http://www.metacalc.com/ Try it out.

Infinity is not a number, it is a concept. Nothing can be equal to it.

@Look at the calculator.

It has nothing to do with a calculator. I'm not trusting some online bullshit that can say anything. Infinity simply IS NOT A NUMBER.

@Neighbor It has nothing to do with a calculator. I'm not trusting some online bullshit that can say anything. Infinity...

It's the first calculator to come up. It isn't a number. However, a number divided by zero is defined as infinity. It is not undefined. Have you taken calculus yet? If you have, you should know this.

@It's the first calculator to come up. It isn't a number. However, a number divided by zero is defined as infinity...

It's not calculus, it's not algebra, it's not anything. Infinity, like said below, is a limit.

@Neighbor It's not calculus, it's not algebra, it's not anything. Infinity, like said below, is a limit.

It's learned and used in calculus. You divide by zero, you use infinity.

@Neighbor Whoever you learned calculus from is horribly mistaken.

Hmm. hmm smilie Believe the expert, or the kid on the Internet. I think I'll choose the first one.

@Neighbor I choose logic, but your choice.

I choose fact, but to each his own.

@Neighbor That infinity is a number?

That anything divided by zero is infinity.

@That anything divided by zero is infinity.

x/0=/=∞ unless ∞ is a number, which it isn't.

@Duck=bird. Bird is not a number.

It represents a specified value. ∞ is the extension of numerical values.

@Neighbor Clearly 10.

Of course that's a joke. I'm just wondering if you are in/ have taken calculus.

@Of course that's a joke. I'm just wondering if you are in/ have taken calculus.

Pre-calc, sort of. I just recall a particularly good proof against your logic and am failing to recall it in totality.

@Neighbor Pre-calc, sort of. I just recall a particularly good proof against your logic and am failing to recall it in totality.

You don't learn this in pre-calc. I remember from when I took it. I am not making things up here. This is a fact.

With calc you can show that the limit is infinity or negative infinity, depending on which way you approach 0 from. Hence it's normally considered undefined unless you're restricted to positive numbers.