+298

A man is shot at, but the bullets miss. God is good. A man is shot and injured, but not killed. God is good. A man is shot and killed, but now he's in a better place. God is good. It's strange that God's kindness is considered an acceptable answer for every situation, amirite?

Religion
19 54

Maybe because those who believe in God have faith in His decisions, and whatever happens is for a bigger purpose that they don't see.

@Montana Maybe because those who believe in God have faith in His decisions, and whatever happens is for a bigger purpose...

Still don't believe a little girl or boy should die before they get to experience life

Jonesys avatar Jonesy Yeah You Are +13Reply
@Jonesy Still don't believe a little girl or boy should die before they get to experience life

That's not up to you to decide. All things happen for a reason. As horrible as it sounds for a child to die, you don't know what's in store for them, therefore you can't judge whether or not it was a bad thing that they're somewhere else.

@Montana That's not up to you to decide. All things happen for a reason. As horrible as it sounds for a child to die, you...

I can judge. That kid never got to experience any of the things life has to offer. Potential just shot down before it prime. And alot of other horrible examples in history that make no sense. Also the bounty of other religions that make about as much sense as the next. So to say that it happens for a reason isn't a reasonable explaination either

Jonesys avatar Jonesy Yeah You Are +17Reply
@Jonesy I can judge. That kid never got to experience any of the things life has to offer. Potential just shot down before...

Saying that it doesn't happen for a reason doesn't answer the question. Even in science, everything has a reason, whether we've figured out something's purpose yet or not.

@Montana Saying that it doesn't happen for a reason doesn't answer the question. Even in science, everything has a reason...

Those answers are supported by reproducible data that has shown the conclusion. Religions are all diffrent with diffrent answers. So to say that an unknown all powerful being kills off people for a reason is a very odd and horrible situation, one I would never praise

Jonesys avatar Jonesy Yeah You Are +4Reply
@Jonesy Those answers are supported by reproducible data that has shown the conclusion. Religions are all diffrent with...

I'm not saying that God is using us as pawns. He isn't some Gandalf in the sky playing Sims 3. I'm saying that everything has purpose and that he is the symbol of WHY things happen.

@Montana I'm not saying that God is using us as pawns. He isn't some Gandalf in the sky playing Sims 3. I'm saying that...

Things happen because things happen. There is no intrinsic meaning in the death of a child or even a rainbow in the morning. "Sometimes a banana is just a banana". If believing in a god makes you happy then I support you but when you say that bad things happen for a better reason, I draw the line there

Jonesys avatar Jonesy Yeah You Are +10Reply
@Jonesy Things happen because things happen. There is no intrinsic meaning in the death of a child or even a rainbow in the...

YOUR OPINION IS THAT IT'S BAD. It may not be to someone else. If something is orange, that's a fact. If something is bad: that's debatable. That's the whole purpose of this argument.

Yes, but as sad as it is the child would never have to live in this corrupt world and experience all the bad. As an innocent child their soul would be saved.

@Yes, but as sad as it is the child would never have to live in this corrupt world and experience all the bad. As an...

That is a pessimistic outlook on life. The world is beautiful and corruption is just as ample as purity. Its their life to pick their destiny. If some almighty being is able to decide their fate for them, that would just be injustice and should never be justified as an act of kindness. Plus wouldn't that god play as prominent of a role as he supposedly did 2000+ years ago.

@Montana You're being pessimistic about death.

No im being realistic. Nothing after that final breath but that's not gonna stop me from enjoying every minute until my dirt nap. And you go ahead and sell me that the millions of kids starving and dieing everyday is a good thing, i know that a death is never a good thing, definitely before that person can't even comprehend what death is

Jonesys avatar Jonesy Yeah You Are +8Reply
@Jonesy No im being realistic. Nothing after that final breath but that's not gonna stop me from enjoying every minute...

You can't I can't. I never said I knew what death was like, but at least it's nice to think that it would be nice. It's just nice to have something to believe in. I never said that kids dying in Africa is a good thing, but maybe there's something better for them waiting out there. It's all opinion. That's what I'm saying.

@Montana You can't I can't. I never said I knew what death was like, but at least it's nice to think that it would be nice...

And im saying never justify a chills death or any death. It is what it is and there may or may not be an afterlife.

Jonesys avatar Jonesy Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Jonesy And im saying never justify a chills death or any death. It is what it is and there may or may not be an afterlife.

I'm aware that there may or may not be an afterlife, and I'm not justifying a death by saying that there's something more, I'm just saying that after death, THERE MIGHT BE SOMETHING MORE. Therefore you shouldn't judge something by it's face value.

@Montana I'm aware that there may or may not be an afterlife, and I'm not justifying a death by saying that there's...

Didn't judge anything by its face value. Just if a kid dies don't tell me god did it for good. And you said it was originally gods decision, so if its bad for a kid to die (which it is) and it was your gods decision to kill that kid. Then don't sell me its a good thing because he decided. That's like a father killing his baby but its okay cuz he knows more for the lid and thinks its for his best interest. As much fun as its been debating with you (which don't get me wrong it was a good conversation) I must leave to go complete some things on my to do list. Happy holidays!

@Montana God never killed the kid.

Read your first comment

@Jonesy Read your first comment

The kid died. The kid is with God. God never murdered a child.

@Montana The kid died. The kid is with God. God never murdered a child.

Even so wouldn't he save an innocent child. (Your really keeping me from homework )

@Jonesy Even so wouldn't he save an innocent child. (Your really keeping me from homework )

If he saved everyone, the whole world would be overpopulated. And if he did, what about those who died naturally? Are they not special enough to be saved? If everyone is equal, why wouldn't he save everybody? Because that is life.

@Montana If he saved everyone, the whole world would be overpopulated. And if he did, what about those who died naturally?...

Life is not getting cut down in your prime. Natural deaths are natural therefore not at all evil. That's how life works. Getting murdered however can be prevented and if I was omnipotent I would lend a hand. Plus if they died naturally by your rules they'd go to be with him

Jonesys avatar Jonesy Yeah You Are -1Reply
@Montana The point is you don't know.

Didnt say I did but my thought is atleast a bit more reasonable

@Jonesy Didnt say I did but my thought is atleast a bit more reasonable

Yeah im just gonna come in on this one, if you protected everyone that was about to get killed then the population would be insanely high and im not saying that i support the idea of people being murdered but how exactly would you save someone that was about to get stabbed? would you give them diamond hard skin or something? and if you believe in heaven,(which i do) then dying isnt such a bad thing( again not saying that an innocent kid dying is good, im just saying that God gave us free will, and what we do with that free will is our choice, therefore its not His fault, its ours)

@mexirican Yeah im just gonna come in on this one, if you protected everyone that was about to get killed then the population...

He has the ability to kill a mans family, give someone super human strength, become a bush, let someone part a sea, he could atleast stop the person by making him see "the light" or turn the knife into flowers. Also were at a population of 7 billion and the prevention of murder would barely change that number by several million

Also if I used my free choice to watch a baby get killed. That's not okay, he has as much free choice as I do.

@Jonesy Also if I used my free choice to watch a baby get killed. That's not okay, he has as much free choice as I do.

if He controlled everything we do, there wouldn't be any reason for our existence, that'd be like having 7 billion dogs on a leash that you have to look after forever. and yeah that'd be really cutesy for him to turn knives into flowers until it becomes a magical source of entertainment for people who are like"pshhh hey dude stab me i bet i wont die cause big man jonesy'll turn it into a child's laughter,"when it says not to test the Lord your God in the bible(and i don't know about you but i don't think that rule has an expiration date anytime soon) So if someone broke my rule that i've had since the universe was created, id be pretty pissed off. And yeah I bet he just Tivo's all the murders of children and watches it when He's bored. No, He doesn't enjoy it but he can't control every intentional and purposeful murder and unnatural death that has and will ever occur but He punishes the people that do those things. And if your so high and mighty then what are YOU doing to stop those things from happening?

@mexirican if He controlled everything we do, there wouldn't be any reason for our existence, that'd be like having 7 billion...

If he is omnipotent then he has the resources to turn them into flowers and everything cutesy. Id love to rip logic in half to save a child or person. Him controlling people from killing eachother wouldn't ruin life. Life isn't about murdering people. Also I donate and do charities all the time and yes if I saw someone getting attacked id stop them from getting hurt. And if people ran at eachother with knifes that turned to flowers or puppy Farts that would be just as bad as kids playing with toy guns. I believe in humanity and credit evolution. Not a a cloud sitter from a fairy tale.

@Jonesy If he is omnipotent then he has the resources to turn them into flowers and everything cutesy. Id love to rip logic...

Oh arent you so high and mighty because you'd turn a bullet into a marshmellow with a chocolate center to save someone that if they were to die would just see you in a small amount of time and be in paradise? And how would you know what life is about? Talk to me again when your proof is as big as your ego. Im gonna get out of here because i ran out of fucks to give. Ill be sure to look for you in the news running into burning buildings to save a baby, or in the army protecting our country. Ya know, the country that God inspired. Oh you want proof? Next time you buy something, take a look at the money your paying for it with. There should be a "In God we trust," on it.Yeah, our country's founders knew it, why cant you?
Have a good life kid.
God bless you

@mexirican Oh arent you so high and mighty because you'd turn a bullet into a marshmellow with a chocolate center to save...

And the country was founded by men not god. So to call that proof is illogical. That had no relevance to the conversation. A better argument would be the bible (just sharing some pointers) also you shouldn't cuss

Jonesys avatar Jonesy Yeah You Are +1Reply
@1568117

Well jeez, you know what I mean. His phrase was so cliche to begin with I added Africa into the mix.

How can someone not be pessimistic about death? When a person dies, it's not sunshine, rainbows, and candy, hon.

Tweetbaby14s avatar Tweetbaby14 Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Tweetbaby14 How can someone not be pessimistic about death? When a person dies, it's not sunshine, rainbows, and candy, hon.

I'm not pessimistic about death. I'm not eager for it by any means, but I find it to be an intriguing idea. Life isn't always fantastic. I'm sure many people, whether they believe in heaven or complete oblivion, find the thought comforting.

You're right, it's not up for us to decide...which is why abortion should be banned.

Just thought I'd throw that in there ;)

@CallMeMrRight You're right, it's not up for us to decide...which is why abortion should be banned. Just thought I'd throw that...

I'm saying it's not up for him to decide whether or not their death was a bad thing. Abortion is different for me, but I don't feel like opening that door here.

@Montana I'm saying it's not up for him to decide whether or not their death was a bad thing. Abortion is different for me...

Are you Christian?
If so, shoot me a message just to talk about it...I've never really talked to a Christian who was pro-Choice so I'd like to see what you think

@CallMeMrRight AMA?

AMA=Ask me anything. Sorry it's not a term used much on this site.

@fEMMAnist AMA=Ask me anything. Sorry it's not a term used much on this site.

Ahhh I see it. Well you're welcome to send me a message too if you want to talk about it. My replies may be slow as I've got tons of tests and projects to do though

Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I don't think a guy being shot to death is ever justified as God's kind act. Saying he's in a better place is just a comment on how shitty our world is and maybe he's lucky not to be in it. At least that's always been my understanding of that phrase.

LOL YET ANOTHER POINTLESS RELIGIOUS DEBATE
That is all

Big_Bosss avatar Big_Boss Yeah You Are +7Reply
Anonymous