-92

Here's an interesting thought; did you really choose to read this post? No one's denying it, but your choice to read this post had causes (for instance certain events in your brain), which in turn had causes, and so on right back to the Big Bang. So your reading this was predictable by the Big Bang, which had knowledge of all particles in the universe and their properties, and could have very well predetermined your entire life, amirite?

Whackas avatar
6 39
The voters have decided that Whacka is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

So me typing this I was planning to do before knowing it? Look, I just backspaced, I was going do to that too. I just blinked. I'm a damn puppet!

FuckingShits avatar FuckingShit Yeah You Are +13Reply

This reminds me of The Matrix. "Do you believe in fate, Neo?" "No." "Why not?" "Because I don't like the idea that I'm not in control of my life."

I used to think this was true, but there are some things, at a quantum level, that are entirely random. So even if one knew the state of all the particles in the universe at a given time, one would not be able to determine the future.

Good lord, you've blown my mind.

@Chewbanshee Good lord, you've blown my mind.

My mind wasn't just blown.... It was BLASTED

MissAwesomenesss avatar MissAwesomeness Yeah You Are +3Reply

I don't think that Big Bang as most people understand it was a cognitive being. Thus, I don't think it could predetermine something or even determine something. Unless you believe "the Big Bang" could think, then all you are saying is that things happened the way they happened. Not exactly an astonishing statement.

That...makes sense.

I wish I could just type (aliens) rather than having to find my "I'm not saying it was aliens but it was aliens" ctrlv link.

Ram27s avatar Ram27 Yeah You Are +1Reply

The nature of subatomic particles suggests there isn't just one way things could end up, even starting with the exact same circumstances.

OK, this post sounds way too much like my philosophy class. Just not as many big words and no crazy professor.

but what predetermined the Big Bang? And it's definitely not indisputable.

Hi it's me again... Wait! Don't report me! I just wanted to apologize.
It wasn't me, but I do know who downvoted your post, I figured I could make a joke out of it. Well we see how that worked out (worst troll ever award goes to... Me frown smilie ) Lol I actually almost got banned for it. But seriously I'm sorry for stressing you. :(

Only big bang never happend.

Pugs avatar Pug No Way -6Reply
@Pug Only big bang never happend.

The Big Bang is a scientific theory. Which means that it is basically indisputable as a general concept, although the exact particulates are up for discussion. Anyways, go do some research and don't accept everything your Christian school tells you.

@YeahIAm The Big Bang is a scientific theory. Which means that it is basically indisputable as a general concept, although...

lol yeah thanks for judging me and basically saying i cant come up with my own opinion.
Maybe YOU should do some research in the bible and not accept everything your school tells you.

Pugs avatar Pug No Way -4Reply
@Whacka I'm guessing that he does, but just doesn't trust it. There are a lot of inconsistencies in the Bible...

To read and understand the bible you have to have a relationship with God and have him speak it to you. I don't view it as just some text. It is Gods word.

Pugs avatar Pug No Way -3Reply
@Pug lol yeah thanks for judging me and basically saying i cant come up with my own opinion. Maybe YOU should do some...

I'm telling you that you either haven't been given enough proper information to analyze science or are incorrectly analyzing that information.

Maybe you should be some research in the Torah. Or perhaps the Koran. Maybe you could even read up on some Greek mythology.

Why should I research the bible when there are hundreds of religious texts to analyze, many of which are more consistent than the bible.

And are you honestly telling me not to accept what my school tells me? I attend a public school, which means the science taught there isn't twisted to support religious ideals.

Here, I'll start you off on some research:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_theory - Read this and you'll understand that a scientific theory is not simply a "guess." Nor does it rely on any faith.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Bang - Read this and you'll understand some of the logic behind the Big Bang. Perhaps contrary to your belief, the Big Bang theory is not God's way of testing our faith. Nor is it the devil's creation to force us to sin. The Big Bang is about as close to fact as you can get within the scientific world.

@YeahIAm I'm telling you that you either haven't been given enough proper information to analyze science or are incorrectly...

I respect your opinion and beliefs, you should do the same for me. I not religious. I have a relationship with God, that's why I believe.

Pugs avatar Pug No Way -3Reply
@Pug I respect your opinion and beliefs, you should do the same for me. I not religious. I have a relationship with God...

I respect the views of Christians who don't interfere with the advancement of science by rejecting existing theories. When anyone denies either evolution or the Big Bang, I lose that respect, however.

@Pug Dude, they're THEORIES. NOT facts.

I guess you didn't read the articles I suggested earlier. They aren't theories, they are scientific theories. There is a major difference.

Again, I will defer you to trusty Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_theory

Anyways, you're right, science is comprised of theories. Guess what some of those theories are? There is the Gravity Theory, the Cell Theory, the Plate Tectonic Theory, and many more. Do you really think gravity is just a theory?

And if you're questioning the reliability of science, know this: scientific theories may be "theories", but they are well-formed and differ immensely from the traditional usage of the word "theory". Religion, on the other hand, is a wild guess attempting to explain what cannot presently be explained. How you regard your religion as factual but object to the slightest notion of proven science is despicable.

@1574801

Read it. It's worth the mindfuck.

@1574935

But I want to deny it.

EDIT: This is not Whacka, it's another user with an anonymous name. I use it for posts/comments that I don't know how well received they'll be. Up to you to guess who it is.

@But I want to deny it. EDIT: This is not Whacka, it's another user with an anonymous name. I use it for...

smile smilie
I voted down all your posts today. Nice surprise eh? I'll probably do the same thing tomorrow (no life,oh well) I'm sure you'll never guess who I am though. :p

@ I voted down all your posts today. Nice surprise eh? I'll probably do the same thing tomorrow (no life,oh...

Hi, this is the real Whacka. I just wanted to tell you that you're extremely sad.

Whackas avatar Whacka Yeah You Are +1Reply
@1575475

Y'know, you might as well stop. Every time you vote down all my posts in this little scheme, I get a friend to vote them all back up.

Whackas avatar Whacka Yeah You Are 0Reply
@1575477

... captain farewell :D

@1575480

That's better! y smilie So long matey.