+361

It seems like some fat people think that adding a Diet Coke to their enormous million-calorie fast-food meal will somehow affect them, amirite?

Whackas avatar
3 18
The voters have decided that Whacka is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I know it's unusual, but some people actually do prefer the taste of Diet Coke... I'm one of them xD It's because I grew up with diet coke being the main soda in my house.
But it does sound quite funny, especially since most don't prefer it(:

@caylarose I know it's unusual, but some people actually do prefer the taste of Diet Coke... I'm one of them xD It's because I...

I also prefer it. Regular soda makes my teeth feel weird for some reason. I'm not much of a soda drinker in general, but when I do get one it's always diet.

@PracticeSafeLunch33 I also prefer it. Regular soda makes my teeth feel weird for some reason. I'm not much of a soda drinker in...

Same here about the teeth thing, but soda made with real sugar doesn't have that problem (Mexican Coke is amazing).

Ram27s avatar Ram27 Yeah You Are +5Reply

I'll order a double cheeseburger, a triple stacked hamburger, the largest fries you have, an ice cream sundae with hot fudge and...and a small diet cola. I'm watching my figure.

it just adds a bunch of chemicals that are terrible for you

@ilikefurrywolves4815 it just adds a bunch of chemicals that are terrible for you

Diet soda isn't terrible for you--at least, no more terrible than regular soda.

@wobbuffet Diet soda isn't terrible for you--at least, no more terrible than regular soda.

well its probably not terrible but its most definitively not healthy. and has those chemicals in it that apparently are bad for you

And supposedly because of the added chemicals to diet soda, it tends to make you crave carbohydrates so you'll end uup stuffing your face more when trying to shave off 20 calories from regular soda.

@soberlikekesha And supposedly because of the added chemicals to diet soda, it tends to make you crave carbohydrates so you'll end...

A typical fast food soda has about 300 calories, not 20. So switching to 0-calorie diet soda is a pretty big calorie saving. I'd like to see the article you read that said diet soda causes carbohydrate cravings. If anything, I'd expect people drink diet soda because they're already craving something sweet.

@wobbuffet A typical fast food soda has about 300 calories, not 20. So switching to 0-calorie diet soda is a pretty big...

I didnt read it anywhere my doctor told me it. I dont know if its officially true or not since i do go to a free clinic doctor (no health insurance) but I'll google it and retract my statement later if i need to. Either way soda in general is unhealthy for you.

And it tastes like shit anyway.
It still has the same flavor but it's less good and the half-flavor tease thing lingers in your mouth for a while. And the chemicals are bad for you. And the designs look worse (fuck silver).

Ram27s avatar Ram27 Yeah You Are +1Reply

That's because it does. A can of Diet Cola has sub-1 calories, whereas a normal can has over 100. People don't turn their entire life around in one day - not sustainably anway. It starts with getting a Diet Cola. Then maybe walking to the NEXT nearest bus stop instead of the absolute nearest. Then taking the stairs at the shops instead of the escalator. It ALL adds up. If they like both Diet Cola and normal Cola, what's the point in adding on ANY extra calories?

Or, y'know, they actually like Diet Cola. I can always tell when a restaurant gives me normal Cola or Pepsi instead of a Diet Cola because although they're very similar, they do taste a bit different.

It will affect them. By making them more fat, haha.

cookiedoughs avatar cookiedough Yeah You Are -1Reply