EpicBoys avatar
1 37

I'm going to register my self as a Republican just so I can vote for him in the Republican primary. I fucking love Ron Paul. I want to marry him and give birth to his libertarian children.

fEMMAnists avatar fEMMAnist Yeah You Are +6Reply
@pikabeau I figured you wouldn't vote for someone with such a firm pro-life campaign.

I'm not voting for Ron Paul because I agree with everything he believes, but because the things I disagree with simply do not matter when I am free.

The president doesn't have any control over abortion so it doesn't matter that much anyway. State legislature is different. When I'm voting for a president, I mostly care about his opinions on war and money.

fEMMAnists avatar fEMMAnist Yeah You Are +1Reply
@fEMMAnist I'm not voting for Ron Paul because I agree with everything he believes, but because the things I disagree with...

He has more control than the average person, especially when most of the senate and US population agree with him. I don't even consider him a libertarian. He's a republican to me; he wants a smaller government in all the wrong places. He's all for supporting the constitution, but forgets that we have an amendment that says laws in one state have to be recognized (not enforced) in all states. Basically, if someone has been given a handicapped license plate they should have the right to park in a handicapped spot if they cross the state line. I don't think that really happens, but I was trying not to bring up my personal favorite issue and thought that would be a good parallel.

@pikabeau He has more control than the average person, especially when most of the senate and US population agree with him. I...

I think he's a true libertarian who is just trying to market himself to Republicans because he's running in the Republican primary. Candidates are always more extreme when they try to appeal to the extreme people who vote in primaries.

fEMMAnists avatar fEMMAnist Yeah You Are 0Reply
@fEMMAnist I think he's a true libertarian who is just trying to market himself to Republicans because he's running in the...

So he's lying about his stances on everything? He hopes to win this election on false pretenses it seems... But then again so are all other politicians...

@pikabeau So he's lying about his stances on everything? He hopes to win this election on false pretenses it seems... But...

Yeah. I don't it's really about changing beliefs as much as it is about marketing them. I'm sure the speech a politician gives to steelworkers union is not the same speech as he gives at a fancy gala event. When Ron Paul tries to win the votes of hard-core republicans, he'll seem like a hard core republican. The same is true for all the candidates.

@fEMMAnist Yeah. I don't it's really about changing beliefs as much as it is about marketing them. I'm sure the speech a...

Do you think his true self will come out if he becomes president? Or would the Republican majority keep him from doing what he wants? Of course, they're much less likely to do that to someone who's in the same party as they are, even if it's in name only.

@pikabeau Do you think his true self will come out if he becomes president? Or would the Republican majority keep him from...

I think his true self will come out when he is president but he probably won't be able to get congress to do what he wants, especially if neither the Republicans or Democrats like him.

@fEMMAnist I think his true self will come out when he is president but he probably won't be able to get congress to do what...

That would be the biggest problem if he wins the election then. Nothing will be able to change. Everything will just stay the same no matter who wins this election. It's almost pointless to even run because no one can agree on anything.

@fEMMAnist I'm going to register my self as a Republican just so I can vote for him in the Republican primary. I fucking love...

ME TOOO <3 no homo. My high school has the nations largest libertarian high school chapter ::) nbd

EpicBoys avatar EpicBoy Yeah You Are 0Reply
@EpicBoy ME TOOO <3 no homo. My high school has the nations largest libertarian high school chapter ::) nbd

That's awesome. My high school is almost exclusively socialist leaning democrats. We have an ACLU club though.

@Ron Paul is a conservative in libertarian clothing. He's racist, homophobic and misogynistic...

That article is bullshit and illegitimate. It has no author, no credits, no citations. I refuse to believe it.

EpicBoys avatar EpicBoy Yeah You Are +2Reply
@EpicBoy That article is bullshit and illegitimate. It has no author, no credits, no citations. I refuse to believe it.

http://washingtonindependent.co...s-if-president <- more on him only selecting pro-life cabinet members>
http://www.24hgold.com/english/...butor=Ron+Paulle written by Ron Paul where he said it was a "tough summer for social conservatives" when sodomy was declared legal.
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011...-marriage-act/ <- more on him supporting the defence of marriage act.

I'm still on the fence about this one... But I might consider myself a blue republican in the very near future :-)

un smilie

Shugahs avatar Shugah No Way +1Reply
@Shugah

He's great.

EpicBoys avatar EpicBoy Yeah You Are +1Reply

Well, I wouldn't be angry or anything if he was elected, but I'm not exactly crazy about him.

I don't believe legalizing heroin would do the country justice. Even if it gives more "freedom".

@I don't believe legalizing heroin would do the country justice. Even if it gives more "freedom".

would you smoke heroin if it were legal? people addicted to heroin are STILL going to smoke it whether it's illegal or not. So why spend billions a year on trying to prevent something that's virtually impossible to prevent, when you can legalize it AND tax it.....lowering our income taxes and bettering the welfare of the rest of the nation?

@EpicBoy would you smoke heroin if it were legal? people addicted to heroin are STILL going to smoke it whether it's illegal...

Because more people are going to end up using it.

Do you actually think that I don't know that the usage of heroin, or any drug for that matter, is impossible to prevent? Must be the 12424th time I've heard of this argument.

The matter isn't on whether we can prevent heroin use as a whole, but instead lower the usage of the drug. Which is what current laws do.

I agree that you're an idiot to think you can stop of the usage of heroin, but you're just as big of an idiotic to think that legalizing such a damaging drug wouldn't lead the country's society and population to a downspirall.

@Because more people are going to end up using it. Do you actually think that I don't know that the usage of...

You did not answer my question though; If heroin was legal, would you smoke it?

@No... Why would I smoke heroin?

EXACTLY. No one that's not already addicted to it would even think about smoking it! So making something legal doesn't mean everyones going to do it...

@EpicBoy EXACTLY. No one that's not already addicted to it would even think about smoking it! So making something legal...

Hmm/ I never knew I represented America's population.

So you're telling me that when Heroin get's legalized, there won't be a big increase in people using heroin? People wouldn't be doing it more openly, and more often because of that lack of risk of going to jail?

@Hmm/ I never knew I represented America's population. So you're telling me that when Heroin get's legalized, there...

If people are addicted to a drug like heroin, they're going to use it even if there's a risk of imprisonment or other serious consequences.

@ilikefurrywolves4815 he wants to legalize heroin?....why?

He's a Libertarian, he believes people are free to do whatever they want...and the gov't shouldn't get in the way! It may sound like a weird idea, but read my comment below and you'll understand

@EpicBoy He's a Libertarian, he believes people are free to do whatever they want...and the gov't shouldn't get in the way!...

People should be able to do whatever they want.
And these same people should also learn life's lesson that what you do can create consequences.

What's next, those who cause a riot for everyone in airports by shouting "I have a bomb!" should get no reprimand/punishments because according to the constitution they should can say whatever they want?

@People should be able to do whatever they want. And these same people should also learn life's lesson that what...

The two actions aren't really comparable. Causing a panic in a crowded public place can inconvenience and even harm others, but drug abuse only harms oneself.

I don't like him. I just researched the guy. We have too many opposing views.

You... You're being ....serious?

@You... You're being ....serious?

I do hope you aren't old enough to vote

Anonymous