+33

It's stupid when people say "Yes, two wrongs do make a right because in maths, two negatives make a positive." because that's when you multiply them, not when you add them up, amirite?

XilianEmpiress avatar
1 3
The voters have decided that XilianEmpires is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

No... Let's say you have 1- (-1) you can take away the two negatives and make it a positive. So, 1-(-1) is equal to 1+1. make sense?

@Tardisblue98 No... Let's say you have 1- (-1) you can take away the two negatives and make it a positive. So, 1-(-1) is equal to...

Yes, but in this context, we're talking about wrongs and rights. If you imagine a wrong is negative and a right is positive, then it would be (-1)+(-1)= -2, which is negative, therefore not a right.
In your example it was a right (positive) minus a wrong (negative), which doesn't make any sense, as you can't subtract a wrong.

XilianEmpiress avatar XilianEmpires Yeah You Are 0Reply
@XilianEmpires Yes, but in this context, we're talking about wrongs and rights. If you imagine a wrong is negative and a right is...

I agree that the logic is wrong for sure you're deffinetly right about that. I'm just saying it's not only in multiplication. But I get where you're coming from