+328

You shouldn't have kids if you're not willing to put their needs in front of your wants, amirite?

likeomgitsjessis avatar
3 8
The voters have decided that likeomgitsjessi is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

And yet, everyone is sooo against abortion.

Emyleighs avatar Emyleigh Yeah You Are +18Reply
@Emyleigh And yet, everyone is sooo against abortion.

But you have nothing to back you up except for personal experience, which is entirely irrelevant to the rest of the world considering different cultures, beliefs, upbringings, etc.

Your argument wasn't proper and shouldn't have been stated if this is the case unless formed into that of an opinion. And not just a "I think" one post after it's already been stated. You should've said it was an opinion in the first place.

Not really. Pro life is actually the minority. If you look at the scores on such posts, they are mostly leaning to the pro choice side. It's just that women can choose whether or not they want to keep the baby in most places, so pro choice people don't feel the need to stage protests. Pro life people are just more visible.

Mind providing a source to think claim, b10ckh34d?

I said I think. That means I don't have any sources, but I only know one person IRL who is pro life, and that's out of probably more than a hundred friends, family, family friends, and friends of friends. Amirite is also a decent representation of the more or less developed world, because we have people of a very wide rage of backgrounds and opinions.

It feels like there's been an increase in utilitarian logic since I was little, so I can assume that pro life-ness has also declined.

Where did I say I was referring to only America? Around the world, in the parts with enough exposure to abortion (they fully understand the idea and procedures), I think pro choice is more popular. Besides, America is known for people wanting to take the moral high ground, and if it's so close in a place like that, imagine what the rest of the world is like.

"Last week, Gallup released new data that, at first glance, appeared to show a significant change in Americans’ perspectives on abortion. The number of Americans who identify as “pro-choice” has dropped six points since last July, from 47 percent to 41 percent, while half (50 percent) of Americans identify as 'pro-life'" (Jones, 2012).

References:
Jones, R. P. (2012, May 29). Pro-choice and pro-life? on abortion, americans say ‘it’s complicated.’ . Retrieved from http://www.washingtonpost.com/b...0qyU_blog.html

Emyleighs avatar Emyleigh Yeah You Are -1Reply

Their needs should be your wants(:

Celestialjesss avatar Celestialjess Yeah You Are +2Reply