+306

Why do people say,"If you/they survive the end of the world in December..."? Even if it does happen it's the END OF THE WORLD! Not the end of one civilization or country, but every person and country will be obliterated and dead. That's what the END part means. Stop being stupid and saying you're going to survive and live to tell the tale. Amirite?

Bob_the_Penguins avatar
1 26
The voters have decided that Bob_the_Penguin is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

YouTube video thumbnailworld is NOT coming and that is why.

@SailPlane world is...

I voted up and loved your comment even before I watched it, just because Charlie was in it. ._.

@1606087

Accurate documentation, right there

What part of IF do YOU not get? This is obviously not a probable situation... that's like arguing, "You can't imagine stop signs to be green, because they're obviously red." It's your imagination... use it!

just because its the end of the world doesnt mean everyone will die. if 95% of the world dies, im pretty sure the world as we know it is over

names avatar name No Way +3Reply
@name just because its the end of the world doesnt mean everyone will die. if 95% of the world dies, im pretty sure the...

I'm sorry is the part about it being the END of the world confusing? End as in come to a final point. They're saying the the final point for humanity with be 2012. Now, true or not true, why are people getting it into their heads that can survive the END?

Bob_the_Penguins avatar Bob_the_Penguin Yeah You Are -5Reply
@Bob_the_Penguin I'm sorry is the part about it being the END of the world confusing? End as in come to a final point. They're...

name has a point. It refers to the end of the world AS WE KNOW IT. The earth is constantly in a state of transition. We've had, what, like four ice ages in our history? If something catastrophic were to occur, we wouldn't just lose lives we'd lose everything. Do you know how to perform open heart surgery or build an engine? I sure as hell don't. All of our medical, architectural, and technological advances would be gone. The likelihood of the handful of survivors knowing all of those things is very remote. Our world would end, but that doesn't mean there couldn't be survivors.

@personThingy It said "the world" not "humanity."

true, but the world from whos perspective? if 99% of the penguins died it would be sad, but not the end of the world for me. but it sure would be the end of the world for all the penguins

names avatar name No Way 0Reply
@name true, but the world from whos perspective? if 99% of the penguins died it would be sad, but not the end of the...

The Mayans were humans, and so were all other apocalypse predictors, so it was probably from the humans' perspective (assuming they even believed that), although animals will probably be killed too. Like you said, if 99% of humans died, it would be the end of the world as we know it, and the extinction of mankind will follow, but there will be survivors.

@personThingy The Mayans were humans, and so were all other apocalypse predictors, so it was probably from the humans'...

oh, sorry. misread your comment. my bad, first time i had to get up before noon so i was a little slow :P

names avatar name No Way 0Reply

I can survive 2012 because I made it through Y2K.

Tweetbaby14s avatar Tweetbaby14 Yeah You Are +1Reply
@Tweetbaby14 I can survive 2012 because I made it through Y2K.

Just wait for Y3K.
It involves time travel. and banana suits.

@MonkeyBubbleWrap Just wait for Y3K. It involves time travel. and banana suits.

Well I know I'll live through that too and tell my grandkids how I was a total badass.

Tweetbaby14s avatar Tweetbaby14 Yeah You Are +2Reply

End of the world; not the end of me. I will be the lone survivor!

Humanity could survive the end of the world, regardless of your definition of "end". Whether on another planet, or simply through artificial resources. Yes, that's unlikely, but in world where the nuts could accurately predict doomsday, I'd believe anything.

In this case, "end" = life, not the entire planet.

I hope a thousand years from now someone digs up an old calendar from our generations and some dude just goes "OMFG This calendar ends at blah blah blah date, THE WORLD IS GOING TO END"

No, I'm going to survive, but I'm not going to live.