+427

LMFAO makes catchy songs, but they don't really have any vocal talent, amirite?

AtheisticMystics avatar
1 21
The voters have decided that AtheisticMystic is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

It's a joke, making fun of the modern music industry and how easy it is to write a "hit." Hence, the "Laughing" in "LMFAO." It's actually hilarious when you look at it satirically.

I'm disagreeing because I don't think any of their songs are catchy, not because I think they have talent.

Maybe their talent is being able to make catchy songs easily.

@Courage_Wolf Maybe their talent is being able to make catchy songs easily.

There, I added the word vocal. Which implies they may be able to write catchy songs, but their voices are nothing special.

AtheisticMystics avatar AtheisticMystic Yeah You Are +7Reply

You spelled "All rap artist" wrong.

Timos avatar Timo Yeah You Are +7Reply
@Timo You spelled "All rap artist" wrong.

Whoa, buddy. I don't know what you consider vocal talent, but I doubt many can keep up with the flows of the likes of Eminem, Tonedeff, Busta Rhymes, Tech N9ne, etc.

@Mike_Hawk Whoa, buddy. I don't know what you consider vocal talent, but I doubt many can keep up with the flows of the likes...

Talking with rhythm or "flow" with inappropriate, demeaning, and otherwise untalented words does not qualify for artistic talent. But it's okay if you disagree, you're entitled to your own personal wrong opinion.

Timos avatar Timo Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Timo Talking with rhythm or "flow" with inappropriate, demeaning, and otherwise untalented words does not qualify for...

You're completely grouping all rap together. That shows you're prejudiced, and that makes YOUR opinion wrong. Some rappers have some pretty brilliant lyrics, and their flows can't be matched by an ordinary person. You're a bit stuck up, aren't you? Come down off your high horse, buddy.

@Mike_Hawk You're completely grouping all rap together. That shows you're prejudiced, and that makes YOUR opinion wrong. Some...

I learned about prejudice in my social justice class today and I fit the description perfectly(: and by definition I am "obstinate in accepting new ideas." but that still doesn't change the fact that I am not impressed by someone's ability to talk along with a beat made in a computer by someone they don't even associate themselves with, and in many cases (you see, I didn't say all!) the "artists" themselves didn't even write the lyrics.

Timos avatar Timo Yeah You Are 0Reply

Actually, their voice sounds the same throughout their music..

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!

AnnieMcManuss avatar AnnieMcManus Yeah You Are +4Reply

As for the other end of the spectrum, the most talented bands tend to be extremely underground and not very well-liked. Nobody I know likes the music I do. It's actually quite sad, some of the absolute hardest working and most talented musicians are in the Death Metal scene, and not too many people are a fan.

Wintersun is my favorite band in the world. While LMFAO is doing jack shit and making all the money in the world, the front man of Wintersun, Jari, is struggling to put out the album he's had in the works for 6 years because he can't afford a computer with enough power to handle the intricateness of the songs he's making. This is one guy handling vocals, lead guitar, rythm guitar, bass, and sythnesizer and one other guy doing the drums. He's composed amazing songs with a lot of emotion that also happen to be very techincally impressive. It's so depressing that these no-talent bands get all the attention.

They're just having a really bad midlife crisis... I mean they're 37 come on

same with hot chelle rae LOL

whatanuts avatar whatanut Yeah You Are 0Reply
@whatanut same with hot chelle rae LOL

Their songs are annoyingly catchy and meaningless. But their lead singer has a pretty decent voice in my opinion.

runnerdudes avatar runnerdude Yeah You Are +10Reply