+342

You feel like a lost puppy the first time you're at your girlfriend's/boyfriend's house because you don't want to be left in a room with their family, amirite?

sharpest_lives101s avatar
2 7
The voters have decided that sharpest_lives101 is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Or your best friend's house. It's awkward when she's going to the bathroom. >.< "I'm gonna follow- oh you're gonna go to the bathroom. Okay... I guess I'll sit on the couch with your family"

I wouldn't even go to the washroom at my boyfriend's house, I put on this whole illusion that I never had to go, just to avoid a weird situation.

@Montana I wouldn't even go to the washroom at my boyfriend's house, I put on this whole illusion that I never had to go...

haha i did the same thing about eating at my boyfriend's house. i was meeting his whole family (20 plus people) and it was a serve yourself kinda thing..i just pretended i wasn't hungry the whole night so i wouldn't have to get around people to make a plate.

Jennayys avatar Jennayy Yeah You Are +2Reply
@Jennayy haha i did the same thing about eating at my boyfriend's house. i was meeting his whole family (20 plus people) and...

That's a bit weird. You should always eat. otherwise you're just insulting those who cooked it.

@Montana That's a bit weird. You should always eat. otherwise you're just insulting those who cooked it.

Oh i'm much better now about it, that was the first time i met his whole family and was so intimidated. they're a loud bunch..

Jennayys avatar Jennayy Yeah You Are 0Reply

People can adapt. My friend's mom barely offers me food any more because I always decline. Doesn't seem offended by it.

Lucky for me I've know my boyfriend's family for years and only just started dating him so there is no awkwardness when I'm at his house, I'm just one of the family already.