+43

You think that sweet Australia banner I made is sweet, amirite?

Supermannns avatar
1 72
The voters have decided that Supermannn is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Yes, but your cockiness and username--not so much.

@YeahIAm Yes, but your cockiness and username--not so much.

Why do you not like Tim Tebow? He's a great guy who works hard to prove doubters wrong and earned every bit of respect he's ever gotten through hard work. He is also humble and loves and thanks God for everything and gives much to people who aren't as fortunate as he is.

@swimlax Why do you not like Tim Tebow? He's a great guy who works hard to prove doubters wrong and earned every bit of...

You don't know doubters are wrong. The idiot thinks God makes him win football games. There's plenty of reason to hate Tim Tebow.

@YeahIAm You don't know doubters are wrong. The idiot thinks God makes him win football games. There's plenty of reason to...

How are doubters right? He won a Heisman, was drafted in the first round, and carried his team into the playoffs.

He thinks God helped him to win football games, which is a very humble and religious thing to do. If you hate a man for being humble, you are jealous. If you hate a man for being religious, you are living in the wrong time period and need to get over yourself.

@swimlax How are doubters right? He won a Heisman, was drafted in the first round, and carried his team into the...

Thought you meant doubters of God.

That's not humble at all. That's being a arrogant asshole that thinks he has this supernatural power on his side.

@YeahIAm Thought you meant doubters of God. That's not humble at all. That's being a arrogant asshole that thinks he has...

I completely agree with you.

Basically any athlete that praises God in general is arrogant. God didn't make anyone win & God never gave him the work ethic of becoming a good player. It was the athlete's inspiration that got him to do what he does, not "God".

@coolstory I completely agree with you. Basically any athlete that praises God in general is arrogant. God didn't make...

What if God was the athlete's inspiration? What if Tebow only worked hard to get to the NFL to spread his message of God?

@swimlax What if God was the athlete's inspiration? What if Tebow only worked hard to get to the NFL to spread his message...

He can praise any thing he wants, I could give less of a fuck. But as soon as he does it out in the public, that immediately makes him an ass hole.

@coolstory He can praise any thing he wants, I could give less of a fuck. But as soon as he does it out in the public, that...

"Religion is like a penis. It's fine to have one and it's fine to be proud of it, but please don't whip it out in public and start waving it around... and PLEASE don't try to shove it down my child's throat."

@Dinosaurs "Religion is like a penis. It's fine to have one and it's fine to be proud of it, but please don't whip it out in...

Well, good job on trying to shove your atheism down other people's throats. Double standard much? Some people don't seem to know the difference between being open in their beliefs, and "shoving it down people's thoats." If I want to discuss my faith, I'd hope that my atheist friends would be up for a respectful discussion without thinking that I'm trying to convert them. Because I wouldn't be. If I were gay and wanted to discuss my sexuality (not explicitly, of course) with my friends, I'd hope they don't think I'm trying to turn them gay.

@CherryBlossom Well, good job on trying to shove your atheism down other people's throats. Double standard much? Some people don't...

I'm not an atheist, but good try. I was just adding on to coolstory's "He can praise any thing he wants, I could give less of a fuck. But as soon as he does it out in the public, that immediately makes him an ass hole."

@Dinosaurs I'm not an atheist, but good try. I was just adding on to coolstory's "He can praise any thing he wants, I could...

Doesn't matter. That comment can go to her if you want. It just heavily astounds me how intolerant some people are, especially when they claim that Christians are intolerant. I suppose intolerance is a human trait then? So don't attribute it to a specific religion. After all, I am sure that I am much more tolerant that you and coolstory are, seeing as I'm not the one attacking your beliefs.

@CherryBlossom Doesn't matter. That comment can go to her if you want. It just heavily astounds me how intolerant some people are...

All I did was say a quote about religion to lighten the mood. It was very vague, and in no way was I attributing it to a specific religion. And to be quite honest, I don't understand why you guys are getting all offended because people like coolstory and myself don't appreciate people flaunting their religion like Tebow does. If he has a right to be open about his religion, then we have every right to be open about not liking someone who is open about their religion.

@Dinosaurs All I did was say a quote about religion to lighten the mood. It was very vague, and in no way was I attributing it...

Fair enough, though it wasn't the fact that she didn't like the flaunting, rather the way she expressed it.

@swimlax Exactly.

Religious beliefs were meant to be personal and discussed privately. Everywhere he goes, he needs to bring the subject up. Religion is a touchy subject & he fucking knows it. You don't go on National TV and say that shit. There are many people that don't share this view with him such as myself and he is too ignorant to realize it.

@coolstory Religious beliefs were meant to be personal and discussed privately. Everywhere he goes, he needs to bring the...

You're ignorant enough to care. Why do you get offended when he practices his religion? It's really none of your business and nobody's forcing you to listen to him or watch him. Relax.

Yeah, I know. I realized that after, sorry. I thought you meant something else. Fail on my part. ono smilie

Oh, I see. You hate him because he does what he wants, enjoys it, and feels like sharing it with the world. You hate him because he practices a religion openly and it is not the sa me as yours. People can't be different and open. I suppose you're also against gay rights? What gives you the right to judge people for openly practicing their religion? Nothing, bitch.

@swimlax Oh, I see. You hate him because he does what he wants, enjoys it, and feels like sharing it with the world. You...

I've never met an atheist that has been against gay rights. Christians, on the other hand...

@swimlax Now this is just going off on a tangent....

You were the one who that claimed that I hated gays.

@YeahIAm You were the one who that claimed that I hated gays.

I was talking to coolstory, and I explained it below. I didn't mean for it to go this way, I'm getting kind of sick of this.

@YeahIAm I've never met an atheist that has been against gay rights. Christians, on the other hand...

I've met quite a few atheists that are against gay rights. Christians on the otherhand... well, yeah there are quite a few of them, but that is mainly the older generation. There are very few younger Christians that I know that oppose gay rights, and I go to a Catholic school.

That was completely unnecessary. What does gay rights have to do with this? But if you must know, I am for GAY RIGHTS. Is being gay considered a religion? You're comparing two irrelevant things which makes your argument invalid.

@coolstory That was completely unnecessary. What does gay rights have to do with this? But if you must know, I am for GAY...

If you're for gay rights, why are you against religious rights? That's the point I was making, I actually assumed you were for gay rights, being atheist, and showed you that you are contradicting yourself.

@swimlax If you're for gay rights, why are you against religious rights? That's the point I was making, I actually assumed...

I'm fine with both gay rights and religious rights, but just like homosexuals shouldn't be having sex on the football field with thousands of fans watching, religious people shouldn't be praying on the football field with thousands of fans watching.

@YeahIAm I'm fine with both gay rights and religious rights, but just like homosexuals shouldn't be having sex on the...

There's a huge difference between public nudity, which is not allowed by law, and praying/practicing a religion openly, which is specifically allowed by law.

@swimlax There's a huge difference between public nudity, which is not allowed by law, and praying/practicing a religion...

Whatever. Religion has no part in football. If Tim Tebow was a Muslim fundamentalist rather than a Christian fundamentalist, he'd be hated by the rednecks that currently worship him.

Praying isn't comparable to having sex, more like holding hands, or in an interview discussing how your boyfriend is cheering you on. Would you be against two male football players holding hands?

I'm starting to really question if you're capable of a debate. Your statements are very simple-minded and ignorant. Also calling me a "bitch" will not prove anything. ono smilie

@coolstory I'm starting to really question if you're capable of a debate. Your statements are very simple-minded and ignorant...

1.Maybe my statements are simple because it's a simple fact that he can do whatever he wants, but you simply can't understand that.
2. I'm ignorant? I'm not the one getting upset at people for doing something different from me.
3. You're being a bitch, I felt you needed to know that

@1623616

...He never shoved anything down anyone's throat or acted mean towards anyone. You make no sense. All he did was express his religion openly, and you hate him for it.

Umm, no. Are you an asshole for publicly displaying your opinion? He's being himself, deal with it.

@CherryBlossom Umm, no. Are you an asshole for publicly displaying your opinion? He's being himself, deal with it.

The fact that this ass hole started putting scriptures up and stating how atheists don't "live in eternal glory and happiness" pissed me off. Do you really think any atheist is going to take that? I gave my honest opinion on this because he was clearly asking for it. I'm standing up for ANY atheist that is going to take that shit.

If someone is interested and is going to ask Tebow what his opinion on God is, that's understandable. But if you're just going to stand there and mock people that aren't religious, what do you think they'll do? Do you honestly think they won't do shit about it?

@coolstory The fact that this ass hole started putting scriptures up and stating how atheists don't "live in eternal glory and...

You take a specific person that is pissing you off and you respond to it by pissing off all Christians. Don't worry, I'm not going to judge all Atheists by your rudeness.

Obviously I think you should defend yourself, I encourage that. Just don't go spouting out insults that aren't specific to the person that insulted you. Especially by that bit that you explicitly claim our scripture is fake. After all, I didn't mock anyone. You didn't need to offend me. Do you expect me to take that?

@CherryBlossom You take a specific person that is pissing you off and you respond to it by pissing off all Christians. Don't...

Do you realize that you're very hypocritical? You're telling me that I'm attributing intolerance to a specific religion, yet you keep bashing atheists?

@Dinosaurs Do you realize that you're very hypocritical? You're telling me that I'm attributing intolerance to a specific...

I'm not bashing atheists. I was just responding to coolstory, who is an Atheist, and telling her that though she keeps being rude towards Christians, I'm not attributing her actions to all Atheists because I know they are not all that rude.

Please recall to me when I insulted any Christian? If I was going to insult Christians, I could have been like: "All Christians are fucking idiots". I wasn't slandering any Christian, I was expressing my opinion on this. I do believe that the bible is fictional and that science dominates religion but I'm not pushing this out on anyone. I'm not going to be an asshole like Tebow and tell people that Christians don't "live in glory and happiness". I believe if no one isn't going to ask you about your opinion on religion, then don't fucking bring it up and put it in other people's faces. Must I remind you again, this is my OPINION. The topic was brought up and I am EXPRESSING what I feel about it. You're bashing me on this and as Dinosaurs said, you're being completely hypocritical.

This started with Swimlax asking for YeahIam's opinion on this and I was simply defending him and any other atheist. Obviously this is very hard to get through your head since you are very ignorant. As much as I'm trying to help you understand, it's not going to fucking work so I'm done arguing.

@coolstory Please recall to me when I insulted any Christian? If I was going to insult Christians, I could have been like:...

You were pushing it, when you wrote:
"Fact: The scripture that you read is completely fictional.
I've never read anything more bullshitted in my life."

That sure didn't sound pushy at all, right.... /sarcasm

If I decided to be myself, which is a natural murderer, and killed your entire family, would you "deal with it?"

And if I said that every Christian was an inbred hick with no formal education, would you "deal with it?"

Publicly displaying your opinion can indeed make you an asshole.

@YeahIAm If I decided to be myself, which is a natural murderer, and killed your entire family, would you "deal with...

I haven't heard of him before this, but if all he says is that God helps him win, as was mentionned above, he is clearly not doing anything dangerous. And your second point would be exceedingly ignorant considering the many educated Christians in the world. You clearly wouldn't be saying the same thing if someone on TV publically denounced Christianity would you? Of course it can make someone an asshole, except you only seem to consider it so when it is against you. You are, afterall, publically displaying your opinion.

@CherryBlossom I haven't heard of him before this, but if all he says is that God helps him win, as was mentionned above, he is...

Yes, the second statement would be ignorant, just like Tim Tebow thinking that God actually gives a damn about football and personally leads him to victory.

@YeahIAm Yes, the second statement would be ignorant, just like Tim Tebow thinking that God actually gives a damn about...

Maybe God does want him to win, hmm?

It's not so much ignorant, in my opinion, but arrogant, on his behalf.

Why go through all that work? If he solely wanted to spead the message of God, he probably would have become a televangelist or a Jehovah's witness. It makes absolutely no sense to go through all that vigorous training just to praise the Lord.

@Dinosaurs Why go through all that work? If he solely wanted to spead the message of God, he probably would have become a...

Do you know who he is and what his message is? Do you think you would if he had become simply a Jehovah's witness?

@swimlax Do you know who he is and what his message is? Do you think you would if he had become simply a Jehovah's witness?

Obviously I know who he is, and of course not. However, that was not the point I was trying to make. Though you make a valid argument, I'm saying it's illogical to put yourself through all of that work just to spread the word of the Lord.

@coolstory
God is the single reason that we are even on this planet, and if it weren't for God's child(Jesus) we would never be able to repent our sins and make it to Heaven.

I think you should read some scripture, try this passage:

"The wicked, through the pride of his countenance, will not seek [after God]: God [is] not in all his thoughts." Psalms 10:4

This is a very powerful passage that basically outlines that atheisms will never get you connected to heaven and live in eternal glory and happiness. You seem somewhat angry coolstory, would you like to talk more about jesus?

Supermannns avatar Supermannn Yeah You Are -2Reply
@Supermannn @coolstory God is the single reason that we are even on this planet, and if it weren't for God's child(Jesus) we...

ono smilie

Fact: The scripture that you read is completely fictional.

I've never read anything more bullshitted in my life. You believe that any non-believer is angry with their lives which proves how obnoxious and ignorant you are.

@coolstory Fact: The scripture that you read is completely fictional. I've never read anything more bullshitted in my...

You're pretty ignorant and obnoxious for your "fact." Why in the world should you expect people to accept your beliefs when you are so intolerant?

...Are you kidding? Of course he believes he has a supernatural power on his side, it's called believing in God. He definitely does not think he is better than anyone for having found God and embracing Him. If you hate him because he is religious, like I said before, you need to get over yourself.

@swimlax Are you kidding? Of course he believes he has a supernatural power on his side, it's called believing in God. He...

There's a definite difference between being religious and putting bible quotes under your eyes. How Tim Tebow profits through arrogant displays of public faith is repulsive.

@YeahIAm There's a definite difference between being religious and putting bible quotes under your eyes. How Tim Tebow...

How he profits? You do realize how much he gives, right? He's not some fake just trying to make money.

@swimlax How he profits? You do realize how much he gives, right? He's not some fake just trying to make money.

I'm not aware of how much he gives, although I believe he's a charitable man. However, without all the endorsement deals made possible because of all the rednecks that love to see him Tebow, he'd be much poorer even if he never donated anything.

@YeahIAm I'm not aware of how much he gives, although I believe he's a charitable man. However, without all the endorsement...

@YeahIAm, I think you need more guidance of god. Just read this scripture with me:
"And it came to pass, when the evil spirit from God was upon Saul, that David took a harp, and played with his hand: so Saul was refreshed, and was well, and the evil spirit departed from him." Samuel 16:23

Hopefully that passage will enlighten you on how glorious our great god is. I really think you'd be happier as a christian. TO be honest, you sound a bit sad as it is.

Supermannns avatar Supermannn Yeah You Are -4Reply
@Supermannn @YeahIAm, I think you need more guidance of god. Just read this scripture with me: "And it came to pass, when the...

Grow up and quit shoving your religious nonsense down my throat. Perhaps if you read your science textbook rather than the Bible you could actually be someone successful rather than having to pretend.

I kinda think you're being a bit cocky, but that's just me.

it is missing a boot

names avatar name Yeah You Are 0Reply

Actually the banner sucks. It's upside down you dipshit

@1623775

I know right...I'm pretty sure it was a troll though...lol

Supermannns avatar Supermannn Yeah You Are 0Reply
Anonymous