-31

The Australia group banner is upside down, amirite?

ThatOneNuts avatar
2 16
The voters have decided that ThatOneNut is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I C wat U did thur

@Simon I C wat U did thur

¿oɹq noʎ əɹɐ ʍoɥ os

ThatOneNuts avatar ThatOneNut Yeah You Are 0Reply

It really shouldn't be oriented the way it is, seeing as right now it shows the country from an American perspective. That's kind of a problem considering the group is called Australia.

@1623765

Disregard what I said, I checked the OP's profile, and he's not from Australia, so this post is just a joke. My comment is irrelevant. You would probably know a lot more about it than me anyways.

@1623831

Thanks for not being offended by my ignorance, I saw a map with North and South reversed a while ago and was told that was Australian style. Then I saw your profile and felt stupid. Oh well.

People have to realize that in different countries, they write their maps differently. For example, Australians are accustomed to having their maps positioned so that they are on the top and the U.S. , Europe, etc is on the bottom They technically aren't wrong, so to him/her, the banner is upside-down, but to us, it's fine.

coasterkids avatar coasterkid Yeah You Are -2Reply
@coasterkid People have to realize that in different countries, they write their maps differently. For example, Australians...

I have never seen a map in Australia that has us on the top and the US and Europe etc on the bottom I'm sure they may exist but we are not accustomed to them. I have no clue where you got that idea from.

I'm not sure I understand. Are you saying that Australians are accustomed to maps with the Southern Hemisphere at the top and the Northern Hemisphere at the bottom? Because that's just not true. While it is only a human convention to put North at the top, and there are maps made which reverse it and put South at the top, they're pretty much just a novelty item; no one actually uses these maps.

@1623767

Using top and bottom like they are geographic terms is incorrect because you are describing the earth, and the earth is floating through outer space, a place where there is no "top or bottom" You are just interpreting it as top and bottom because that's the way you're used to it.