+353

You either used to or still do get suspicious that you got the wrong answer on a math test when the answer you found is an irrational number, amirite?

YeahIAms avatar
3 9
The voters have decided that YeahIAm is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Try getting sqrt (435)/2x2+sqrt(435)/6x.

eldoritos avatar eldorito Yeah You Are 0Reply

Every test I've taken this year has been without a calculator (my own stupidity) and every test has had a ridiculous question with big computation that almost always ends up irrational. I've not gotten one wrong yet, so I'm wondering when my luck will run out.

@Every test I've taken this year has been without a calculator (my own stupidity) and every test has had a...

Yeah, I'm no longer suspicious of irrational answers either, but I remember in algebra 1 and earlier I'd become highly suspicious if I didn't have a rational number.

@1623820

Right, well that's the reason I included "used to." I doubt you were afraid of rational numbers in your 3rd grade math class.

Although I understand if you weren't wary of receiving them by the time you knew what the hell an irrational number was.

im in calculus, and everything is some random ass answer now :P

Your phrasing of this post is the equivalent of saying, "You either have played basketball or you haven't..."