+271

It is always more impressive when the drummer for a band is also the singer. Just singing or playing guitar and singing are much more common and still impressive but not as much as the drummer singing. amirite?

Nikos avatar
2 12
The voters have decided that Niko is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

the jo bros have that, but no one likes them

I is ignorant lion, Wat is ze extra challenge of a drummer singing?

@Runy I is ignorant lion, Wat is ze extra challenge of a drummer singing?

It's kind of hard to sing while keeping the beat steady for the rest of the band. Unless you practice a ton.

Drumming also takes more out of you. Playing drums is more athletic, if you will.

I don't know if it's more difficult for one or the other, but drumming and singing at the same time is a lot less common, which is why I think they meant it was more impressive. I'm not sure if you can really compare the guitar and drums because they're very different instruments, but I have heard that bass and singing is more difficult than normal guitar and singing.

The Rev from avenged sevenfold

Marianas Trench

mastodon,the monkees,telekinesis

singing and drumming is the easiest after just singing

Marcus Mumford. Because in the live version of "Lover of the Light" he sings WHILE playing the drums.

It's uncommon because it would be physically quite difficult. Drumming is more physically strenuous than guitar or keyboard because it requires so much more movement, so it'd be incredibly difficult to retain breath control while drumming in an upbeat song. Also, some drummers I know (like my brother) make weird grunting noises too while they drum if they're really into it...and I'm not sure how that would sound while singing :P