+264

Even if you don't care about the Academy Awards all that much, it kind of pisses you off that Alan Rickman didn't get nominated for Best Supporting Actor in Deathly Hallows Part 2... amirite?

HayleyGs avatar
3 8
The voters have decided that HayleyG is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I'm shocked that none of the actors in the Harry Potter films have been nominated. Period. The acting in the movies is phenomenal. I hope they at least win something this year. They have several nominations, so I have my fingers crossed!

makeup_nerds avatar makeup_nerd Yeah You Are +7Reply
@makeup_nerd I'm shocked that none of the actors in the Harry Potter films have been nominated. Period. The acting in the movies...

Oh yeah that Daniel Radcliffe is soooooooooo talented.I wish more actors were as good as him

@hpistheshit Oh yeah that Daniel Radcliffe is soooooooooo talented.I wish more actors were as good as him

Heavy sarcasm noted. I was more referring to so many of the a-listers in the movie, as wobbuffet has mentioned above. Yes, Daniel Radcliffe is a good actor, but I don't think he's worthy of an academy award for Harry Potter. On the other hand, I think many of the older, more mature actors, are worthy of one.

makeup_nerds avatar makeup_nerd Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Shun Phenomenal? Ehhh...

Harry Potter has an A-list British cast. I think Rickman, Maggie Smith, Helena Bonham Carter, Ralph Fiennes, Imelda Staunton, Richard Harris, Robbie Coltrane, David Thewlis, and Gary Oldman have all given great performances in the movies. That said, I'm not surprised none of them have been nominated. Even Lord of the Rings only managed to get one acting nomination, and that was probably even better-acted than Harry Potter.

Seriously, you're surprised none of the actors have been nominated? The acting isn't as terrible as it was for the first five films, but it's still only decent or at best slightly above average compared to other films.

Unfortunately, I think Steve Kloves killed off Rickman's chances of getting nominated for anything when he took out half of his most important scenes from the movie. Not that Rickman ever had much of a chance, because it would be very unlike the Academy to nominate someone for a role they'd already played 7 other times.

As a Harry potter fan I would be upset and ashamed if those movies whet nominated for anything more than a MTV movie award, even if they do have some really good actors in it.