-118

If someone is convicted of murder we should paper their cells with the victims picture so they have to see it everyday. We should also tattoo the victims name on their hands to remind them what their murderous hands have done, amirite?

kerouacs avatar
0 36
The voters have decided that kerouac is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Let's not try to rehabilite them or anything, fuck that shit.

Runys avatar Runy No Way +35Reply
@Runy Let's not try to rehabilite them or anything, fuck that shit.

I'm assuming you're for the death penalty? Besides the fact it saves money, most murderers don't fear death so it doesn't really work as a punishment.

kerouacs avatar kerouac Yeah You Are -4Reply
@kerouac I'm assuming you're for the death penalty? Besides the fact it saves money, most murderers don't fear death so it...

It was sarcasm. I think we should do our best to try and help people if they can be or if they can't be then let them life their life behind bars, it better than nothing and we have no moral right to murder people, at least in my eyes.

Runys avatar Runy No Way +19Reply
@How come?

legal process

@How come?

I don't remember exactly why, but I can try and find the article again. It was something along the lines of why the death penalty is pretty much ineffective, and I found it. Really interesting. Cost was what surprised me most; I mean, wouldn't you expect it to be cheaper to kill someone than keep them alive and maintain (at least somewhat) their well-being in prison?

What about the people who kill because they enjoy it, all that would do it remind them of their conquest and they'd like it cause they can re-live it. That's why some killers steal things from their victims, so they can remember.

@1625274

But how often does that happen? Vs the number of sick people who actually enjoy murder?

Forgaymarriages avatar Forgaymarriage Yeah You Are -16Reply

Does that sound like a form of torture to anyone else? Non-consensual body modification? All highly illegal, by national and international standards.

Not that I'm condoning the acts of the murderers, by any means, but I don't think that is the answer.

You'd probably get a bunch of serial killers competing with each other to get the most names on their hands.

Kaitlyns avatar Kaitlyn Yeah You Are +4Reply

We could always torture the serial killers slowly

I know this is a bit off topic but there was a serial killer named Clifford Olsen here in Canada who died in the summer from cancer. He was convicted of murdering and raping 16 children and teenagers. Anyway... each family of a child he murdered would always get a letter from him, telling them the last words of their child and how he killed them. And he especially liked to taunt one family and he'd always send them letters from prison, he killed their 16 year old son by hammering nails into his skull slowly. He says that his last words were "why are you doing this to me?".

What does "paper their cells" mean?

@Dinosaurs What does "paper their cells" mean?

Dressing the walls....like wallpapering them. Or painting them.

"paper" like to "wallpaper" a wall. Where you cover a wall with something instead of painting it.
So they would cover a wall of the victims jail cell (the room they're held in) with that image

Then it would just be a competition. People would just try to one up each other.

What about accidental murder where the murderer didn't mean it at all? Don't tell me you forgot about Kevin Tunnell.

@mchalla3 What about accidental murder where the murderer didn't mean it at all? Don't tell me you forgot about Kevin Tunnell.

There is no such thing as "accidental murder". If someone kills someone else accidentally, it's referred to as manslaughter and carries a far less severe penalty. 

I'm not against hanging a picture of the victim in the cell, but wallpapering is a little excessive and a forced tattoo is just outrageous.

Anonymous