+210

It's not weird that if I ever have a daughter, I want to name her Rory. amirite?

4 31

Rory Gilmore, perhaps?

enders avatar ender Yeah You Are +35Reply

Take out the second r.

@Roy Take out the second r.

I get it, cause you're a girl!

Someone's been watching the Gilmore Girls reruns on ABC Family I suppose.

@foolwithdreams_ Someone's been watching the Gilmore Girls reruns on ABC Family I suppose.

Yes, because that is the only place that name could have possibly come from.

I don't really see any reason why that would be weird...it's kind of a gender-neutral name.

Like Rory Pond from Doctor Who?

Honest opinion (which is always helpful): I don't like it. It sounds like a boy name, almost like Cory.

Lettuces avatar Lettuce No Way +11Reply

If you think it's weird, just name her Aurora but call her Rory. :)

bananamos avatar bananamo Yeah You Are +10Reply

what if your kid gets a lisp?

@Montana what if your kid gets a lisp?

Then Rory will have no problem pronouncing her name, unless OP throws some random 's's in there.

@Montana what if your kid gets a lisp?

There is a girl at my high school named Emily Berry with a speech impediment. She says "Emawee Behwee"

Rory the Centurion!

Nah, boys' names on girls are all the rage now.

sansas avatar sansa Yeah You Are +3Reply
@sansa Nah, boys' names on girls are all the rage now.

I've heard Rory as a girl name way more than a boy's name.

@UmmmmUmUmUmUmmmmmmm I've heard Rory as a girl name way more than a boy's name.

Yeah but that doesn't change the fact that it was originally a boy's name.

sansas avatar sansa Yeah You Are +1Reply
@sansa Yeah but that doesn't change the fact that it was originally a boy's name.

Maybe a long time ago. But it's like Taylor. It can go either way without being weird. It isn't considered a 'boy' name, it's a neutral name.

I don't like it because someone I hate has that name. But don't let the world tell you what to name your child!

My boyfriend's name is Rory...

I think it's a decent name. In all honesty, I'm seriously considering naming my future child Zelda, assuming it's a girl.

You could always name her Lorelei (sp?) and get her to shorten it.

Inu_chans avatar Inu_chan Yeah You Are +1Reply

Is there any meaning behind it?

don't like it

The main character in one of my favorite books was named Rory and she was a girl.

Kates avatar Kate Yeah You Are 0Reply

I have a girl friend named Rory. She was named after her dad, but I see the name as unisex.

Rory Storm and the Hurricanes, perhaps?

With some of the crazy names you see people giving their children these days, Rory is perfectly acceptable.

WWWYKIs avatar WWWYKI Yeah You Are 0Reply
@WWWYKI With some of the crazy names you see people giving their children these days, Rory is perfectly acceptable.

OK, I just realized that this sounded like I was saying Rory is a crazy name, which is not what I meant. I meant that Rory is pretty normal considering what other people name their children.

WWWYKIs avatar WWWYKI Yeah You Are +1Reply

Rory Swenson?

thatgirlss avatar thatgirls Yeah You Are 0Reply