+6

Show me the evidence for God and I'll believe in him, until then, I'll live my life the fun way, amirite?

Hipsters avatar
0 10
The voters have decided that Hipster is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I think it's ok to believe in something without any proof, but once you base your entire life around it, it's bad.

Madies avatar Madie Yeah You Are +2Reply
@Hipster why believe in anything without proof?

Because for some people it provides a sense of comfort, and some people don't want to believe that what's here on earth is all there is. There's nothing wrong with believing in something, but once you start to force that belief on others it's wrong.

Madies avatar Madie Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Madie Because for some people it provides a sense of comfort, and some people don't want to believe that what's here on...

why adults still have imaginary friends because they are afraid of the dark is beyond my comprension

Hipsters avatar Hipster Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Hipster why adults still have imaginary friends because they are afraid of the dark is beyond my comprension

i might actually have a legitimate answer this time though: the comfort in belief in god is probably similar to the comfort someone who feels like they're likely to be robbed would feel by having police around. I suppose some people might feel comforted just by being told they're there, regardless if they've seen them, and others wouldn't. same with god and a hope of something after death. the thought of ones existsance being ended is scary to a lot.

@ObscureReferance i might actually have a legitimate answer this time though: the comfort in belief in god is probably similar to the...

there is no point lying to someone saying police are around just before they're about to robbed to make them feel better about it, fact is that leave them angry and saying 'why did the police help me?'

i sense an ignorant person here...

pascals wager, my friend. pascals wager.

@ObscureReferance pascals wager, my friend. pascals wager.

lol, that's is not evidence, that's you basing your life of a risk with no evidence to it. And do you really think God would let you into heaven because the only reason you believed in him was because you didn't want to go to hell?

Hipsters avatar Hipster Yeah You Are +3Reply
@Hipster lol, that's is not evidence, that's you basing your life of a risk with no evidence to it. And do you really think...

I wasn't going for evidence. I'm just saying its applicable. Also... it was kind of a joke(a bad one, I guess.) you do have a good point with the empty motive thing, I should say. I like the fact that you actually thought.